Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Apr 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Any dentists?

Hi I was just wondering if there are any dentists on here I have a crown and it’s just come out but it looks like the pointy bit of the tooth they put it on has snapped and is still in the crown. It’s like the tooth has fractured at the gum. It’s the tooth next to my front tooth so really obvious 😢 does anyone know what my options will be for this? I’m an nhs patient but I’m terrified of how much it will cost I am currently really struggling for money as my car engine needs replacing and had to get kids all new clothes and shoes for school. Just feel like crawling in a hole and crying 😭
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

They can do one of 3 things which is 1) a false tooth (not ideal), 2) an implant (around £2.000) or the 3rd option is a bridge crown. The bridge crown will result in them using one of your good teeth either side of the broken tooth and grinding that down to fit a double crown on it.

P.S. I'm not a dentist but a similar thing happened to me and they were my options.

Edited at 08:39 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a situation you could do without right now.

I’m not a dentist but I did just google it and I’m assuming it’ll be band 3?
Hopefully someone can confirm

It’s not cheap but thank goodness you’re registered as an NHS patient

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Sounds like a situation you could do without right now.

I’m not a dentist but I did just google it and I’m assuming it’ll be band 3?
Hopefully someone can confirm

It’s not cheap but thank goodness you’re registered as an NHS patient
I paid nearly a grand for a bridge crown fitted privately and the dentist did a rubbish job, so the nhs option could be a lot worse.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I paid nearly a grand for a bridge crown fitted privately and the dentist did a rubbish job, so the nhs option could be a lot worse.
I can imagine!
I have a dental plan but even with the discount I dread needing treatment 😬

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you I am dreading it (terrified of the dentist as it is) but I appreciate all your help and advice
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
Thank you I am dreading it (terrified of the dentist as it is) but I appreciate all your help and advice
Try not to panic about it.
I would imagine all the groundwork is already in place so hopefully you will be able to relax in the chair.
I do know how you feel. I used to be terrified of the dentist. Not sure what changed but I have a very patient dentist who I’ve seen since I was about 9. He’s surely due to retire which is a worry!
Hope all goes well

Old 22 Apr 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ThumperThistle
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds identical to when my crown broke (front tooth). It was replaced with a post crown, what was left of original tooth in gum was removed, a post put in and the crown fitted on top.
That crown lasted around 20 years. Was replaced with a bridge. There are two types of bridges. One as described in a previous post. The bridge I have is connected to the other front tooth. No double or single crown involved. It was all very simple and straight forward.
Hope that makes sense.
I can’t remember costs but the bridge was definitely less than £200
97,98: ASMu. 99,00,02: ASMo. 03: CB.04: POR,WL,POFQ.05: French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Dolphin. 06: Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk. 07: Royal Pacific, Swan. 08: Pop Century, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge. 09: Pop Century, Royal Pacific, Riverside, Beach Club.10: Coronado Springs,Contemporary,Hard Rock,Beach Club. 11: Coronado Springs,Hard Rock,Bay Lake,Yacht Club. 12: Old Key West. 13:OKW 14: OKW. 15: OKW. 16: Boardwalk. 17: POFQ 18:BC. 19: POFQ
ThumperThistle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you all for making me feel better. Sitting in bed in tears because I literally have nothing left to sell to make money. I have paid off the holiday but I have near enough sold everything I own. I have been to car boot sales and on eBay. I have paid off that holiday and that took everything I had. 10 years ago I was in debt due to the divorce and I got myself out of it so I don’t have credit cards or loans and I don’t know what to do. Do I go without a tooth or sit there and break down telling the dentist I can’t even afford tier one of the nhs plan. I’m really sorry to vent I never do this. Thank you all again for your help and words I promise you they do mean a lot.
Old 23 Apr 19, 02:04 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
Thank you all for making me feel better. Sitting in bed in tears because I literally have nothing left to sell to make money. I have paid off the holiday but I have near enough sold everything I own. I have been to car boot sales and on eBay. I have paid off that holiday and that took everything I had. 10 years ago I was in debt due to the divorce and I got myself out of it so I don’t have credit cards or loans and I don’t know what to do. Do I go without a tooth or sit there and break down telling the dentist I can’t even afford tier one of the nhs plan. I’m really sorry to vent I never do this. Thank you all again for your help and words I promise you they do mean a lot.
I would speak to the surgery and explain your financial situation - they may be able to offer you a payment plan. Probably the reception staff, not the dentist, and tell them before anything is done.

Are you disciplined enough to take out a credit card purely to get the dental work done? Then pay off what you can each month. I wouldn't be able to do it as I'm not that disciplined, but others might be.

Good luck, and well done for getting out of debt, that can't have been easy.
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List