Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Feb 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Philip Schofield statement issued

Philip Schofield has issued a statement today to say that he is gay and asks for kindness and support for everyone.

Edited to add Philip's statement:-

"You never know what's going on in someone's seemingly perfect life, what issues they are struggling with, or the state of their wellbeing - and so you won't know what has been consuming me for the last few years. With the strength and support of my wife and my daughters, I have been coming to terms with the fact that I am gay.

"This is something that has caused many heart-breaking conversations at home. I have been married to Steph for nearly 27 years, and we have two beautiful grown-up daughters, Molly and Ruby. My family have held me so close - they have tried to cheer me up, to smother me with kindness and love, despite their own confusion. Yet still I can't sleep and there have been some very dark moments.

"My inner conflict contrasts with an outside world that has changed so very much for the better. Today, quite rightly, being gay is a reason to celebrate and be proud. Yes, I am feeling pain and confusion, but that comes only from the hurt that I am causing to my family.

"Steph has been incredible - I love her so very much. She is the kindest soul I have ever met. My girls have been astonishing in their love, hugs and encouraging words of comfort. Both mine and Steph's entire families have stunned me with their love, instant acceptance and support.

"Of course they are worried about Steph, but I know they will scoop us both up. My friends are the best, especially Holly, who has been so kind and wise - and who has hugged me as I sobbed on her shoulder. At ITV, I couldn't hope to work with more wonderful, supportive teams.

"Every day on This Morning, I sit in awe of those we meet who have been brave and open in confronting their truth - so now it's my turn to share mine. This will probably all come as something of a surprise and I understand, but only by facing this, by being honest, can I hope to find peace in my mind and a way forward.

"Please be kind, especially to my family."

Edited at 11:19 AM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve just watched the interview with Holly in This Morning. Aww bless him, I wondered what he was going to say as it started so seriously. Sounds like his family and Holly are being a great support. Good luck to him. I think he’s a lovely guy.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Just watched as well! To say I'm shocked and surprised is an understatement.
I've always liked Phillip, right from his broom cupboard days with Gorden the gopher!
I feel so much for his wife, you do wonder whether she knew, surely there must have been 'issues' within the marriage if he was feeling like this.
I wonder how long he has personally felt like this, poor man must have felt so confused!
Part of me feels he shouldn't have had to announce it, it's nothing to do with anyone but him and his wife really!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Surprised he has come out but not shocked at the news. Hope he can be happy
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Didn't see that coming at all, thought he was going to say he was seriously ill, hope he's left alone to be with his family at this time but press will be going into overdrive about this story
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Really hard on the wife and children when a well known figure makes an announcement like this. I’m not sure why they feel the need. Really in this day and age who cares other than his family and his sexual partners. It isn’t anyone else’s business.
I wonder if the tabloids were about to break the story(or he feared they would) and he’s getting in first as that would explain it.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

well done to Philip..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I hope he can live his life happily as he wishes now. I do feel for his wife and family, although I’m sure they have had many conversations about this and over the announcement itself, it still must be heartbreaking as they have had so many years together.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
well done to Philip..
For what ?
For living a double life?
For living a lie ?
For the hypocrisy of sitting on the This Morning sofa for years telling people how brave they are coming out knowing he was in the closet himself ?

I wish him well, I really do, coming out is difficult and there’s always fallout but I honestly don’t think he should be congratulated more asked “What took you so long” few men decide in their fifties they are gay but have always known . To build a well paid career on supporting LGBT amongst other great social causes with such personal dishonesty just feels terribly wrong rather than something to be congratulated for.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
For what ?
For living a double life?
For living a lie ?
For the hypocrisy of sitting on the This Morning sofa for years telling people how brave they are coming out knowing he was in the closet himself ?

I wish him well, I really do, coming out is difficult and there’s always fallout but I honestly don’t think he should be congratulated more asked “What took you so long” few men decide in their fifties they are gay but have always known . To build a well paid career on supporting LGBT amongst other great social causes with such personal dishonesty just feels terribly wrong rather than something to be congratulated for.
... Yes its taken him a long time but i repeat again Well done Philip! ...

Edited at 12:35 PM.
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread