Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Jan 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
So yesterday I was very happy with plans - we got all the fastpasses we wanted, a little later than planned but not too bad. Today was a different story!
Booking MK for Friday 14th Feb - I got all we wanted but times range from 3.30pm to 6.10pm! This messes with plans to get further fps whilst in the park and also makes our plan of nipping out of the park for dinner then coming back for fireworks (park closes at 10pm!) a bit more difficult. I’m also assuming that this indicates that the park will be manic! I’m wondering if we should actually scrap MK for that day and do somewhere else?!
I’d maybe keep looking for the rest of today and tomorrow morning and see if you can budge them forward. Otherwise yes I would probably swap to another park. Maybe it is a Valentine Day thing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I’d maybe keep looking for the rest of today and tomorrow morning and see if you can budge them forward. Otherwise yes I would probably swap to another park. Maybe it is a Valentine Day thing.
I think it’s an EMH/Presidents Weekend/Valentines Day/ticketed evening event thing 🙈 I’ve modified them a little and we may stick with it as I also have a lunchtime ADR at BoG. We’ll probably head into the park just before lunch, do BoG and our FPs and whatever else, but know we’ll probably have to come back another day!

Edited at 03:40 PM.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleKezza
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

I was reading today that it's quite easy to 'modify' FPs while you're in the park to bring them earlier in the day if you keep an eye on things. So maybe all is not lost!
LittleKezza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LittleKezza View Post
I was reading today that it's quite easy to 'modify' FPs while you're in the park to bring them earlier in the day if you keep an eye on things. So maybe all is not lost!
Yeah I think we’ll try this. I managed to modify them a little before I posted - they were even later beforehand! Hopefully we can modify them more when we’re there, but I’ve resigned myself to a second visit as I just think the park will be mobbed and not really enjoyable.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LittleKezza View Post
Modifying FP can be fine at any time subject to availability. It is not easier because you are in a park as if there is no availability there is no availability.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
LittleKezza
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Yeah, I get this. But the article I read was FPs move a lot on the actual day dependent on when people tap in for rides and/or change their plans.
LittleKezza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
Booking MK for Friday 14th Feb - I got all we wanted but times range from 3.30pm to 6.10pm! This messes with plans to get further fps whilst in the park and also makes our plan of nipping out of the park for dinner then coming back for fireworks (park closes at 10pm
I’ve just found out that the fireworks are on at 8.30pm not at park closing. So we could stay in the park till then and then go for a late dinner. Or just leave the park after our fps if it’s too busy. I still think I’ll plan another, maybe quieter day too but I’m feeling a bit more relaxed about it all now!
Old 17 Jan 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss Alice
First POST

I know you've already started booking your FPs but just in case it helps, we swapped magic bands between our family of 4 lots of times as we booked most FPs for all of us but the kids backed out of some of the bigger rides (they're only 3 and 5) and we had no problem using their bands to go on the rides a second time ourselves. We even swapped in front of the CMs when we were entering the queue on some occasions and they weren't bothered. I think your name comes up on their screen when you beep in but there were no issues at all
Miss Alice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

I'm nearly there with FP's but a quick question, if we only have 1 Tier 1 FP advance booking for two in our party in Hollywood Studios, but then we move on to Epcot, can we then all pick up FP's in Epcot on the day? Or do we all have to have and use 3 advance booked FP's in Hollywood Studios before we could get any on the day in Epcot?