Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 Jan 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Mobile Linking a hotels.com booking to MDE

Hi, I’m having difficulty linking my reservation at Best Western (Disney linked hotel) on the My Disney Experience site. I’ve tried on my mobile and on a desktop.

I’ve called hotels.com and they have given me 2 references, neither work. I have contacted the hotel directly and they have given me another reference, again doesn’t work. So I called Disney directly and they say they can’t find the booking under any of the references I’ve given them! Hotels.com insist it’s fine! I’m not sure where to go with this now... anyone had a similar issue?!
Lemag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

I had a similar problem with a holiday inn booking, I spoke with HI on their online chat and they emailed me a confirmation with their reference number. Called Disney with that number and it linked.
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

I booked one night at a Disney resort via hotels.com just over two weeks ago, I gave it just over a week then called hotels.com for the correct reference to link it to MDE. They person I spoke to on the phone at hotels.com said they had a reference on the screen but weren’t sure if it was the correct one so asked me to hold whilst they called through to the hotel directly to check. They then came back to me with the reference and got me to input to MDE whilst still on phone to confirm it linked. If it’s any help the number I called was 02030278673.
Tiggers Pal is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Also if it’s any help my eleven digit confirmation number to link my booking began 500 the same as the confirmation number from my adr booking made a day before my hotel booking.
Tiggers Pal is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tiggers Pal View Post
I booked one night at a Disney resort via hotels.com just over two weeks ago, I gave it just over a week then called hotels.com for the correct reference to link it to MDE. They person I spoke to on the phone at hotels.com said they had a reference on the screen but weren’t sure if it was the correct one so asked me to hold whilst they called through to the hotel directly to check. They then came back to me with the reference and got me to input to MDE whilst still on phone to confirm it linked. If it’s any help the number I called was 02030278673.
Thank you for your reply. The number the hotel have given me is only 6 digits- should it be longer?
Lemag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by jlbf06 View Post
I had a similar problem with a holiday inn booking, I spoke with HI on their online chat and they emailed me a confirmation with their reference number. Called Disney with that number and it linked.
Thanks for your reply. I’ve been in touch with the hotel directly and they’re insisting the 6 digit number they have given me is correct. However it’s just not working on the MDE system
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lemag View Post
Thank you for your reply. The number the hotel have given me is only 6 digits- should it be longer?
I would’ve thought it should be 11 digits the same as mine. When I entered the number I was given to MDE it only highlighted the enter/confirm button once I’d typed the last digit of the number so yes I would think it should be longer than 6 digits. Hope you get it sorted.
Old 29 Jan 20, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
LittleKezza
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

I called Disney, they out me through to "wholesale" who looked up ky booking by name and date and then gave me the code. It was a long number. Definitely more than 6 digits!
LittleKezza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lemag View Post
Thanks for your reply. I’ve been in touch with the hotel directly and they’re insisting the 6 digit number they have given me is correct. However it’s just not working on the MDE system
A six digit number does not sound correct to me. I once had trouble linking up an Expedia booking, I got I touch with the hotel and Disney and they both told me it should be either an eight digit number or a ten digit number. They didn’t mention eleven digit numbers however.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

I’ve just checked my reservation details again and it’s actually a 12 digit number, not 11 I can count, honest.
My adr confirmation number (booked on 11/1/20) is 5001111***** and the confirmation number I was given to link my booking began the same 5001111*****, obviously I’ve blanked out the last 5 digits. We made our booking via hotels.com on the same day as the adr but I didn’t call to link them until last week.