Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Apr 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
stink08
Very Serious Dibber

Funeral songs

Hi, I’ve not been on here for a while, weird question but could do with some help, sadly we lost my grandad 2 weeks ago, not from covid thankfully, and he had been in declining health for 6 weeks, I now am trying to plan his funeral and have had a totally melt down tonight as of course every thing that he had planned and wanted is not possible due to lockdown, I feel totally devastated for him not to have the send off he deserved and I’m really struggling with it all, I have to have the music to funeral directors tomorrow and don’t even know what to choose, he was part of the royal navel association and the plan was for them to do a reading and do a navy song, as no one from there can come I need to pick other music, the only person he used to listen too was Andre bocccelli , but to be honest I don’t know any of those songs or what his favourite was!
Old 13 Apr 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by stink08 View Post
Hi, I’ve not been on here for a while, weird question but could do with some help, sadly we lost my grandad 2 weeks ago, not from covid thankfully, and he had been in declining health for 6 weeks, I now am trying to plan his funeral and have had a totally melt down tonight as of course every thing that he had planned and wanted is not possible due to lockdown, I feel totally devastated for him not to have the send off he deserved and I’m really struggling with it all, I have to have the music to funeral directors tomorrow and don’t even know what to choose, he was part of the royal navel association and the plan was for them to do a reading and do a navy song, as no one from there can come I need to pick other music, the only person he used to listen too was Andre bocccelli , but to be honest I don’t know any of those songs or what his favourite was!
So sorry to hear of your loss especially at this difficult time. I love Andrea, your grandad had impeccable taste. How about Ava Maria sung by Andrea

Sending you strength and a gentle hug x
Old 13 Apr 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

‘Eternal Father, strong to save’ is often heard at funerals linked to the navy.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Ave Maria is a very fitting song.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I am so very sorry for your loss. It was my mums funeral last week. Only close family could attend and I also felt mum didn’t get the send off she deserved. It was what it was and we plan on having a celebration of her life with a meal for the wider family later in the summer ( hopefully)

Did you see Andrea Boccelli sing Amazing Grace outside Milan cathedral on Easter Sunday ? It was beautiful. I’m sure your grandad would love anything you choose.

Could the naval association let you know any songs or suggest a reading another family member could read ?

Condolences to you and your family x
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Supermarket flowers, lovely song.
Old 13 Apr 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Time to say goodbye is lovely x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry for your loss. I would also suggest Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman’s version of Time to Say Goodbye. It’s a beautiful song
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

At a Naval funeral we went to Sailing by Rod Stewart was chosen by the family.
Old 13 Apr 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Another vote here for Time to say goodbye. Lovely song.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List