Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Jun 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

DD17 runs at 100.9 - so we won't be travelling anywhere for a while...
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Probably a completely ridiculous question, but this type of knowledge is just not something I have... Being in the park on a very hot day, which some of us fair Irish skinned people aren't used to, would that cause a higher temperature that might show up on a thermometer?
Again, I'm probably being very silly, but it's something that worries me.

OP, Funnily enough, this happened to us in October. My husband got food poisoning and felt very unwell for around 3 days, but because it was our honeymoon he didn't want to miss out (we only had 7 days), so we still went to the parks anyway, but at a much slower pace, and came back to rest during the afternoon. We never checked his temperature, but he did feel hotter than normal for those few days!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

No matter what your skin color, if you’re outside on a hot day your body will bring its own temperature down to normal by sweating. A hot day does not create a fever.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Best place to temp check imho would be before...

Bus., skyliner., boat or Mini Van

Disney332
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Sutigger
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
It's possible to have a raised temperature without feeling ill, having a virus etc.
Quite right, and it's also possible to have Covid 19 without a high temperature
Sutigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have thyroid disease and I am always hot or cold. I've never been able to use the finger print scanners due to my fingers being cold - even in summer! I just couldn't go whilst they were doing this as I wouldn't be able to relax or enjoy myself for worrying.
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

The vending machine outside the parks is going to have a long queue with people wanting a nice cold bottle to hold against their forheads.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Being hot doesn’t create a pyrexia. Having a pyrexia doesn’t mean you have Covid. It also doesn’t mean you will feel unwell or that whatever is causing the high temp is contagious to others. You can also have Covid without a pyrexia. The whole thing is a nonsense and another reason we’re not going until everything settles down.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It’s worth pointing out that the airports are also considering introducing temperature checks (as are many other places).

Therefore if you think there’s a significant risk that your body temperature could exceed 100.4 F for any reason, then be warned that you *may* not be allowed to fly or not allowed to enter the USA when you get to MCO.

Note that for the vast majority of people who don’t have a fever the temperature checks should not cause an issue. The vast majority of us don’t generally have a temperature of over 100.4 F.

BTW, I agree with some people that temperature checks probably aren’t much use. You can have the coronavirus but not have a raised temperature. But, hey, these are the rules that the parks have to comply with at this time and for the foreseeable future.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:29 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Being hot doesn’t create a pyrexia. Having a pyrexia doesn’t mean you have Covid. It also doesn’t mean you will feel unwell or that whatever is causing the high temp is contagious to others. You can also have Covid without a pyrexia. The whole thing is a nonsense and another reason we’re not going until everything settles down.
Agreed.Utter nonsense.

If you are worried you will fail the test then 2 paracetamol 30-45 minutes before the check will sort you right out.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List