Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Dec 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Wowza glad i was organised and booked early! We booked Dec 19 so even before Covid, virgin fly drive 2 adults 1 child, 14 nights Holiday Inn lake Beuna, 2 nights Royal Pacific Universal and 5 nights Marriott clearwater and was just under 6k, direct flights manchester on 18th Oct!
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyHaunt13
Excited about Disney

We have exactly the same dates! 16th-30th Oct (although with VA)
I’m so glad that I booked our holiday when I did! I had a feeling prices were going to shoot up
HappyHaunt13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Crikey, just checked my flights for next September, we paid £510 total for both of us direct with BA, it’s now £1020, so it’s doubled, and I only booked these two weeks ago!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

Just for fun I checked the price of the flights I booked for April next year. These were bought in Virgin’s black Friday sale, but even so, they have literally doubled from £900 to £1800 each.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

I'm guessing they are anticipating a big rush now with a vaccine and covid testing at the airports hence the big price increase.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I've just checked my BA flights for next September and the prices are the same as what I paid for them.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

Our Oct half term flights have more than doubled! Thank Goodness I booked when I did or we wouldn't be going :/
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Im so pleased Ive booked my Sep / October flights. Only paying for one so I chose premium economy

Started to quietly feel excited with the vaccine roll out here and the USA ordering many doses and many months for it to work
Old 10 Dec 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Philip
Looking for my Ears

I've just scanned through all BA's prices for LGW to MCO between April and November next year and things really don't add up.

April is cheap, May is illogical (premium cheaper than standard economy on some days) and June onwards all the prices are about the same wheras you would expect in a normal year to see a large variation during holidays.

It also looks like BA are only flying 4 days a week Gatwick to Orlando and I'm sure if the demand was there they would reinstate flights on other days (unless they lost the slots?). Maybe there are still so many unknowns they just don't know how to price next year so they've applied a blanket figure across the board and will correct later. At least that's what I'm hoping otherwise it will be the Algarve for us next year!

Edited at 10:54 AM.
Philip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

So it's not just me then. My price for GLA-LGW-TPA, St Petes for 2 nights, SUV for 20 days and return flights MCO-LHR-GLA have gone up £1000 for 02/10/21. I booked ours on 03/11/20

Surely with the vaccine the prices will stay high/get higher?
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List