Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 28 Dec 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

wonder woman 1984 (and other terrible superhero movies)

wow. what a giant steaming ≈≈≈≈ of a movie. i honestly cant believe quite how bad it really is!

i'll get into it more later, but WOW!

if you bother watching it, set your expectations VERY low. and to drag it out for 2 1/2 hours? everybody involved should be ashamed. i'm curious of the chain of decisions that led to this movie, and how it ended up being quite so bad. it makes iron man 3 seem oscar worthy, and is on a par with superman 4 in levels of how terrible it is. not even mando could save it...

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Edited at 09:25 AM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We started last night but gave up with an hour to go, we figured it wasn’t worth the wait when the stream started to stall a bit.
I wouldn’t know where to begin.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i got an hour in before i started to realise it wasnt just me that had big issues with it (target audience - middle aged relatively well off white man! right?) it was objectively a terribly made movie. the second hour was just BORING and the last half hour was was WW finally shows up to do stuff.

its a steaming hot dumpster fire of a movie, confirmed by my good friend katie, who is a MASSIVE WW fan.

WHY WAS IT SET IN 1984? there is no good reason for this other than focus groups and execs said "stranger things is massive with the kids. 80's retro is "cool" lets set it then"

only to then have nothing but a few 80's touches (small tv's, shell suits, bad clothing. pretty much NOTHING else!)

and the worst thing? (in my opinion)... OPERATION WOLF was released in 1987. just remember that if you decide to watch this movie. to me, it sums up the entire movie...

as a palate-cleanser, afterwards i watched THE HOUSE BUNNY. and I laughed more in the first 10 minutes of it than through the whole of WW84. it also did more for feminism than jenkins/gadot/etc did in 150 extremely long minutes

Edited at 11:44 AM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Thread already on this

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1185728

Edited at 11:46 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

can't see that thread, mustve been posted by someone i've blocked!
Old 28 Dec 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

Ironman 3 was not too bad but come on it wasn’t as bad as superman 4. It was just slow that’s all
Old 28 Dec 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mollybogle View Post
Ironman 3 was not too bad but come on it wasn’t as bad as superman 4. It was just slow that’s all
have you rewatched it recently? i thought it was great at the time, but when we did the MCU in chronological order a few months ago, it was by far the worst of ALL the MCU movies. it really hasnt held up well

but yeah, not nearly as awful as superman 4. but that was back in the past, iron man 3 is more of a recent example of a bad superhero movie.

as i said though, IM3 is oscar worth in comparison to WW84!
Old 28 Dec 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
have you rewatched it recently? i thought it was great at the time, but when we did the MCU in chronological order a few months ago, it was by far the worst of ALL the MCU movies. it really hasnt held up well

but yeah, not nearly as awful as superman 4. but that was back in the past, iron man 3 is more of a recent example of a bad superhero movie.

as i said though, IM3 is oscar worth in comparison to WW84!
Yeah I agree, iam a massive marvel fan and iron man 3 was crap.
Even the Disney execs held there hands up in the end by stating "we realised that no one wants to see Tony stark without his suit on"

Edited at 09:39 PM.
scouser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouser View Post
Yeah I agree, iam a massive marvel fan and iron man 3 was crap.
Even the Disney execs held there hands up in the end by stating "we realised that no one wants to see Tony stark without his suit on"
it's not even that for me, its the terrible writing of big chunks of it... gweneth's part seems to be mostly written by a man who doesn't know how to write for females, pepper is relegated to just being the love interest through most of it rather than the next ceo of a global megacorp

and the bit with the kid in the shed? utter garbage only put in because focus groups said stark needed to be more human (and what, become fatherly so him and pepper can go off and have loads of kids?! really? why shoehorn that rubbish in, it's worse than dropping jar jar into a movie!)

yeah, the rewatch of IM3 really made me angry

but compared to WW84, is was AMAZING!
Old 29 Dec 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

My 10 year old son and I went to see it in the cinema and we really enjoyed it. Apparently what I say isn’t worth anything though because I think DC kicks Marvel’s ≈≈≈≈ 😁
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List