Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Dec 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

My husband was there, but I would have rather he wasn’t. When I’m in pain I tend to go very quiet and inward, and him being there rubbing my back and trying to be reassuring was at best annoying, at worst distressing!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
My husband was there, but I would have rather he wasn’t. When I’m in pain I tend to go very quiet and inward, and him being there rubbing my back and trying to be reassuring was at best annoying, at worst distressing!
That about sums me up. All mine was bothered about after the birth was the free hot chocolate the midwife gave us, I didn’t want it as the gas and air made me feel nauseous. He kept saying, have it it’s free
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

My DH got more attention from the midwife than I did . He’s diabetic and his sugars were all over the place 🤣
Old 29 Dec 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Definitely not at the business end! I had emergency c sections so out of the sunroof for me.
Don’t understand having an audience of family and friends either . I think the only ones present should be those at the conception (which I accept may include friends in some cases &#128514
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I was stood up watching over the screen thingy as my Wife had our 2 by Elective C Section.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

Guys you have to be present to ensure that your wife hasn’t faked the entire pregnancy and then conspired with the midwives to procure a baby from elsewhere.
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

I was at the birth of our daughter, water birth surprisingly calm and quiet and clean...

my dad was old school waiting outside but he got bored & went home to have fish & chips for tea, came back @20:00 to be presented with me
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

Another one here for the husband to be there. Just me and DH there for all four of mine. I have never been in with anyone and unless my DD really wanted my there when/if she has a baby I wouldn’t want to go in with anyone else.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I had my mum and dh with me when I had my kids, there’s no way I could have done it on my own! Also, was a great excuse to be able to abuse both of them verbally without them having a go back as could use the pain as an excuse 😂😂

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I had my mum and dh with me when I had my kids, there’s no way I could have done it on my own! Also, was a great excuse to be able to abuse both of them verbally without them having a go back as could use the pain as an excuse 😂😂
I can understand you abusing your hubby because if it wasn’t for him you wouldn’t have been in pain, but what did you poor mum do wrong to get abused😁?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List