Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 17 Jan 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
CC71
Apprentice Imagineer

CC71's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sirmione Hotel Recommendations Please

Hello
My husband has a big birthday this July and I plan on surprising him with a trip to Lake Garda. We were last there on honeymoon 19 years ago and we have been meaning to go back for many years. We stayed in Riva Del Garda last time but I fancy trying Sirmione as it looks gorgeous. I would be really grateful for any recommendations, looking for a luxurious hotel on the lake with lovely rooms and views.
Thank you
Old 17 Jan 21, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

No recommendations at all for you but just want to say we’ve booked to go to Lake Garda in July! It’s our first time & can’t wait! We looked at Sirmionie first but went for Peschiera purely because the kids are with us do to be close to Gardaland!
I hope you have a lovely time & book somewhere fabulous!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

My expertise... we go to Sirmione twice a year for the last 10 years...… I have Pm'd you... once you go to Sirmione, you will never want to go any where else in Lake Garda.

Its truly amazing. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
My expertise... we go to Sirmione twice a year for the last 10 years...… I have Pm'd you... once you go to Sirmione, you will never want to go any where else in Lake Garda.

Its truly amazing. xx
Aww lovely to hear that. We are planning a visit there & then hope me & hubby can get back on our own to stay there! I love it already from seeing the pics!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Aww lovely to hear that. We are planning a visit there & then hope me & hubby can get back on our own to stay there! I love it already from seeing the pics!
Its wonderful to stay there, but a whole different matter to visit there.

Sirmione is always crowded and busy due to the castle, remains and fab restaurants, its the most popular place on Lake Garda and the streets are so narrow. That's why if you stay in Sirmione, its best if you get the boats early to Garda, Malcesine or somewhere like that or the north and when the tourists have gone home you have the most beautiful place to yourself quiet and wonderful. Or just stay in your hotel with a bottle of wine, beautiful food and swim in that wonderful Lake. So when you visit, don't be put off by the crowds, when you stay there, at most hotels its like paradise, you have the lake to swim in, pools, grounds and its an oasis away from the madness.

Don't forget when you arrive on your holiday to find out when Market Days are at the different places. Can thoroughly recommend Desenzano and Garda Markets. Also ask your hotel as you can get discount vouchers as the boats are quite expensive but the best way to travel.

Can you possible stretch to a day in the North, have a fab hotel in Riva Del Garda, with a roof top pool recommendation that the children will love ? x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 06:43 PM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
CC71
Apprentice Imagineer

CC71's Reviews

Its truly amazing. xx
Thank you so much, just replied to your pm
Old 17 Jan 21, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
CC71
Apprentice Imagineer

CC71's Reviews
Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
No recommendations at all for you but just want to say we’ve booked to go to Lake Garda in July! It’s our first time & can’t wait! We looked at Sirmionie first but went for Peschiera purely because the kids are with us do to be close to Gardaland!
I hope you have a lovely time & book somewhere fabulous!
Thank you, I’m sure you and your family will love it. We were last there nearly 19 years ago, in Riva Del Garda, at the Northern tip of the lake, the whole region is stunning from memory.
Old 17 Jan 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Awwww, I hope we really all get there. After this vile couple of years for us, we have decided that after our holiday in June in Sirmione (if we get there of course), we are going to live just on the outskirts of Sirmione for 3 months to see if we could actually live there and settle.

We would love love love to live in Sirmione, but a couple of million pounds we do not have ! ... unless the lottery... of course.

Have wonderful holidays everyone...… xxxxxx
Old 17 Jan 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
CC71
Apprentice Imagineer

CC71's Reviews
Awwww, I hope we really all get there. After this vile couple of years for us, we have decided that after our holiday in June in Sirmione (if we get there of course), we are going to live just on the outskirts of Sirmione for 3 months to see if we could actually live there and settle.

We would love love love to live in Sirmione, but a couple of million pounds we do not have ! ... unless the lottery... of course.

Have wonderful holidays everyone...… xxxxxx
Absolutely, fingers crossed for us all.
Ps, living there for a few months sounds like a wonderful plan!