Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jan 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Just block the number and forget about it, not worth stressing over.
You didn't read their post properly:

Originally Posted by windsor_hills View Post
What is strange is every time it happens I block the mobile number they are calling from, but then a few weeks later they call again but from a different mobile number and so the call comes through.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
You didn't read their post properly:
Yes I did.

As I said just block the number, it's annoying that they call from a different number but just block the new number as it's a simple thing to do, there isn't much you can do about your number being on some list apart from changing your own number.

Edited at 11:04 AM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I’d be asking more questions.
Could you text the number and ask them why they’re ringing?

Then block them.👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

So I called the number again today and this time someone answered. The lady sounded a bit confused but explained she was trying to get hold of her brother who is a taxi driver and his number is similar to mine. She calls him late when he gets in from work. She was apologetic and I just explained that I was concerned that she was trying to get hold of someone in the middle of the night quite regularly and was she ok. She said she was ok. I’m not sure how it explains the calls from different numbers but I have to take the explanation on face value. Just need to follow other advice on here now and put the DND on. Thanks everyone
windsor_hills is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Mobile

I used to have a woman with a cockney accent who used to ring me and leave voicemails in the middle of the night.

The voicemails were usually pretty long, she would be calling me boss and telling me all about her problems at work and relationship issues.. it was really random. They stopped eventually.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We had calls in the night a while ago but it turned out to be the daughter of an ex neighbour who only had the first name of the person she wanted to talk to in her contacts and they had the same first name as DH. So she was thinking he was the person she wanted to talk to when she’d had a few bevvies. Apologies were accepted and all was fine
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

I was bombared with calls from a number a couple of sundays ago. I dont answer any number I dont know, I think if they need to speak to me they can leave a message. Eventually this number did leave a message and it was what sounded like an older lady very angrily telling me she was trying to reach her husband, and she keeps getting me so "will you just check your number and do something about it as I do not want to speak to you!"...

I sent a text message politely explaining that I had had my number for the past 15 years, and there maybe a chance she was misdialling as I have no control over calls that come into my phone.
She didnt ring again.
Old 25 Jan 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
the person could be using a number spoofing app to hide their true number

number spoofing is used by international call centres to make it look like they are calling from a local number or a uk mobile number to hide the fact they are calling from outside the uk. you can download an app like spoof card this could explain calls from lots of different numbers made by the same person from one phone

Edited at 08:25 PM.
force ten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

I've been getting numerous calls from Africa in the middle of the night.
They let the phone ring once then hang up. I returned the first one as you do and there was a foreign ring tone so I immediately hung up.
A bit of internet digging shows they want you to return the call to a premium rate line.
I keep blocking them and after a couple of weeks have gone quiet.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by windsor_hills View Post
So I called the number again today and this time someone answered. The lady sounded a bit confused but explained she was trying to get hold of her brother who is a taxi driver and his number is similar to mine. She calls him late when he gets in from work. She was apologetic and I just explained that I was concerned that she was trying to get hold of someone in the middle of the night quite regularly and was she ok. She said she was ok. I’m not sure how it explains the calls from different numbers but I have to take the explanation on face value. Just need to follow other advice on here now and put the DND on. Thanks everyone
Intriguing! Like you say as they keep getting a different phone and calling you it seems very strange !
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List