Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jan 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I am planning to book a UK holiday - hopefully a cottage with DH and the dog somehwere and a little camping trip with my daughter, but at the moment I darent even book those. Next year I really hope to get away for a nice all inclusive somewhere warm just my daughter and I.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Toolman
Apprentice Imagineer

We have booked an apartment overlooking Fistral Beach in Newquay at the end of May. Hoping we can go, just wanted something to look forward to.
Mrs Toolman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

I don’t think I can cope with another UK holiday this year. Don’t get me wrong we had a lovely time in Devon last year but it was the last week of August and it was cold and wet! I NEED SUN!
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
I am planning to book a UK holiday - hopefully a cottage with DH and the dog somehwere and a little camping trip with my daughter, but at the moment I darent even book those.
It might be worth finding an option where you either pay upon arrival or can cancel at short notice with no financial commitment because, if the worst does happen with foreign travel this year, you may find decent places at decent prices in short supply.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
welovemushu
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
I’m praying we can open our caravan and campsite soon!
Us too! Praying that by some miracle we can open for Easter, but got an awful feeling that things might not go quick enough for that to happen.
The park here looks sad without guests, I never really realised how pleasant the quiet buzz of people is !
There must be so many like us, worrying about getting things back on track, as well as all the worries about our health and the safety of those we love .
I’m enjoying reading about dibbers Uk holidays and hopefully this year we can all enjoy our fabulous country and support our small family restaurant and crafters etc .
welovemushu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by welovemushu View Post
Us too! Praying that by some miracle we can open for Easter, but got an awful feeling that things might not go quick enough for that to happen.
The park here looks sad without guests, I never really realised how pleasant the quiet buzz of people is !
There must be so many like us, worrying about getting things back on track, as well as all the worries about our health and the safety of those we love .
I’m enjoying reading about dibbers Uk holidays and hopefully this year we can all enjoy our fabulous country and support our small family restaurant and crafters etc .
We could do with a caravan/motorhome section on the DIBB so that those of us with vans could get both of your site details for when this is all over. We are always looking for new places to visit.
Gingerlife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

We're booked to go to Scottish Highlands for a fortnight in June but I doubt it will happen. The lady we booked through let us carry our deposit from last year. We decided we're not going through unless we're vaccinated and as we're late forties doubt we will be done by then. Looks like another summer at home in the garden
Old 26 Jan 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

There are places in the U.K. that I’d like to visit, namely Edinburgh and Cornwall. But they’re too expensive, probably because the hoteliers and AirBNB’ers know there’s nowhere else for us to go! Of course, there are no tourists from overseas, so they’re all justified in upping their prices to stay afloat. I’m fortunate enough to have kept my job and WHF is costing me less than commuting (and buying snacks!) so I’ve got holiday spends burning a hole in my savings account. I just need Japan to reopen their borders to English tourists first...
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I really want to take John to Cornwall or Devon. Dad used to absolutely love it, we would spend all day with him on our body boards in the sea. He would chase us with seaweed.
We had dreamed of going to the Maldives for our honeymoon but now I can't think of anything better than Cornwall. Those memories are just so special. x
Old 26 Jan 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Depending on the numbers many holiday towns or counties may not want swathes of tourist this year. Last summer and autumn many places put a stop on people visiting.
Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, lake district Isle of Man Channel Islands.
I wonder what this year brings.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List