Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jun 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Who's planning for 2022?

With all the uncertainty and doom and gloom re: Florida hols at the moment I wanted to inject a bit of positivity into it, as premature as it might be!

We were originally booked to go in August but with it being my OH's first time I want to make sure he gets the full experience with everything so we've decided to delay until 2022 to give things the best chance of returning back to normality as much as possible.

The most frustrating thing is that we won't be able to start planning and booking properly for a while yet unless some travel companies decide to extend further out into the future to try and recoup some lost revenue.

We have been looking at Disney and Universal hotels though as a starter as we are hoping to save lots during the time we're waiting to have a really good blow out holiday! We're thinking Port Orleans for Disney and possible Hard Rock for Universal - 5 nights in each. We're thinking Easter time so it'll be busy therefore express passes will be needed!
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Yes, 2022 for me as well - usually I'd prefer to go in September but I don't want to risk a hurricane this time, so probably in May.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Yes, 2022 for me as well - usually I'd prefer to go in September but I don't want to risk a hurricane this time, so probably in May.
May is such a good time to go in my opinion, 3 out of the 4 times i've been have been in May; crowds and weather are both good.

I would do May if I wasn't governed by school hols!
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

We r going August next year but we are looking to go October 2022 for Halloween! Hoping to do HHN!
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

We’re another lot for 2022.

Originally we were planning for October 2021 but with all that’s happened combined with the WDW birthday celebration we’ve decided to push back till just after Easter 2022.
Old 17 Jun 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
TheSollys
Proud to wear my Ears

September 2022 for us.

Should have been September this year, but trying to cancel as not happy with all that's going on.
TheSollys is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We had planned to go next September but now we won’t be doing our California road trip anymore this August and with all the uncertainty we plan to rearrange our road trip for next summer and plan Florida for 2022. Thinking we might go for May, we did that once before DS started school but since then have done Easter, August and October. We love October but it seems too long to wait!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Probably us too... we also should have been going in August, next year is really tempting as 2022 seems so far away, but we also want to make sure we get the full experience- these holidays are so expensive and we like to treat each one as if it will be our last (although hopefully it won’t be!). Dd also likes the idea of being at universal for her 11th birthday (she said she’s hopeful she’ll receive her letter for Hogwarts )
Im still suffering the disappointment of this year but sometimes I get my mojo and start exploring ideas for 2022! ... love the idea of a split break between Disney and Universal... in my dream world, free dining will be back and we’ll either do 12 nights CBR, or, AKL if pricing is reasonable, followed by 3 nights at one of the universals with FOLP. The planning is a huge part of the fun for me Happy planning everyone.
Old 17 Jun 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Yes we are! We were going to be going 2021 but I've used up a lot of my savings as I'm not working due to Covid. Will be going late July early August for 3 weeks. 2021 would have been onsite at Disney for 2 weeks and a week at Universal but I'm back to the drawing board for 2022. I'm planning for all things in case there is no free dining. I think I've looked up, watched YouTube videos and priced every suitable hotel and resort in Orlando!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yep. This August cancelled, next years holidays already booked so Aug 22 it is.
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List