Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jul 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile Disney Summer Camp

I’m doing a Disney themed summer camp with my 12 year old dd next week and wondered if there’d be any interest in a “live trip report”? If so, where would be best to post it? This board or the trip report board?
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Yes, would love a trip report! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Hope you have a lovely time

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Ok, so decided I’d keep it on here for now. (Admin move if you think somewhere else is more appropriate!)
The plan is

A bit of explanation: Khan Academy is the Imagineer in a Box classes done by the Imagineers on the Khan Academy site (covers designing a land, menus, characters, etc), animators is a you tube thing where the animators show you how to draw characters, virtual rides is from the trip ideas posted on here, we’re going to do a quiz too on Disney Channel, the “trip” references are trip reports/ scrapbooking from our trip in February. Give me a shout if any other questions

Edited at 11:56 PM.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Shopperholic
Trainee Dibber

Fun idea. If you are looking for more ideas. Have you seen this paper Disneyland castle and Magic Happens parade that has downloadable templates and instructions. disneyparks.disney.go/bl...eering-part-3/
Shopperholic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shopperholic View Post
Fun idea. If you are looking for more ideas. Have you seen this paper Disneyland castle and Magic Happens parade that has downloadable templates and instructions. disneyparks.disney.go/bl...eering-part-3/
That is amazing! I might add that on our “non-park day” which was supposed to be a beach trip but we’ve postponed it so have another day to fill! Thanks
Old 20 Jul 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great idea!
Old 20 Jul 20, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile Day 1 - Khan Academy, Magic Kingdom & big burgers

Our first day of camp today. We had a quick breakfast of Fruit Loops so we could get an early start, although we definitely missed rope drop 😂

We started the day with Khan Academy Imagineering in a Box. This is a brilliant package of three lessons (2hr minimum per lesson) which covers designing a land, designing a ride and character development. It’s done by the actual Imagineers so gives plenty of insight and is very enjoyable. This kept dd very quiet for about an hour and a half. She has been adding bits to her land all day and really is inspired to complete the classes.

Next up, after a quick lunch stop, we moved on to making chocolate cupcakes for our “grey stuff”.

While they were cooling we had a quick trip to Magic Kingdom using the guide put up on here by Stu a few months ago. Through the joy of the internet it seems we didn’t miss rope drop after all!

We then enjoyed the jungle cruise, tiki room, flying carpets, big thunder mountain, splash mountain, haunted mansion and seven dwarves mine train. The queues weren’t bad at all and most were just a walk on! Then we got a prime spot for the fireworks - I cried again!
After a busy day we made big burgers for dinner and the grey stuff for our cupcakes. Both were delicious.

We are now heading to bed for another full day tomorrow
Old 21 Jul 20, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Hope you and your dd enjoyed your day. Those cupcakes look delicious, well done
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Fantastic day! Cupcakes look amazing 💕
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 2 - Animation, Pretzels, Epcot Japan and Mac n Cheese
I’m very late putting this up - I don’t know how those that are on holiday actually keep up with live trip reports!
We started the day with fruit loops again, then we did an animation class where DD learnt how to draw Stitch.

Then dd did some more Khan Academy and finished her land designs. And then we moved to Epcot and Japan where she did an Origami class.

We tried making Mickey shaped eggs for lunch with a mould my sis had sent but it was a bit of a disaster so no pics 😂 Then we started making Mickey Pretzels. These were very challenging and we abandoned any attempt at the official shape after two!

We then went a bit free form and finally settled on a simpler shape. Even then we lost a few ears. But they were amazing!

And we even found some authentic chocolate sauce in the cupboard (they used to look at us like we were lunatics when we refused cheese sauce and asked for chocolate with our pretzels instead, but I would highly recommend it!)

We finished our day off with Mac n Cheese

(declared very authentic!) and finally fell into bed exhausted, but ready for another busy day!