Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Oct 20, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our first family trip was Christmas 2006 - we flew out about 17 Dec with Virgin from Manchester. We had spent a year planning it with the help of the Dibb and were so excited. DH had been to Orlando on a work trip the previous Autumn (his first visit) and knew we had to go as family. The journey was a nightmare - a five hour delay at MAN and over two hours in immigration! We collected our car (a small Jeep SUV - we upgraded the one we had booked) and managed to get lost for an hour on the way to the resort. When we pulled up at Port Orleans French Quarter for the start of our 19 nights we knew it was all worth it and we loved every second of our First ‘once in a lifetime’ trip. We did all the Disney Parks plus Sea World and Discovery Cove (Christmas Day). We were well and truly hooked. Have been back many times since but the memories of that first one stay special.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Our DIL first trip was with is as a family 2008 never been on a roller coaster never eaten lobster never=seen a space launch
We did it all but her best memory being in charge of our 2 year old granddaughter with our son his niece and waving to us as they were in the parade at animal kingdom we were all jus5 coming off everest the parade had been cancelled then put back on suddenly as the thunderstorm passed hercmum and dads faces were amazing
DS 3first real moment he drove the car at lights moment action and that was when they got a certificate then behind look at the cars and pictures and a really De in a stunt car
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Our first trip was in December 1989 😧

We went with Airtours on a late deal, stayed in an Econolodge on the 192. We were delayed 8 hours and arrived really late at night, then Airtours gave the wrong directions on the printed sheet!

We didn't have a clue! Our welcome meeting was at medevil times ( think that was the only one we ever went to) and we bought Disney tickets there. We ate at Perkins a lot and Waffle House! We also visited the house called Xanadu which was on a 192, and Cypress Gardens.

We definitely got the bug as we’ve been going back ever since.
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

2008 was our first time

Flew with Virgin from Gatwick - Orlando

We went for a month.

Travelled to the Keys & the Everglades then 10 nights onsite at Disney split between the Poly & Wilderness lodge then off site in a villa for the rest of the time.

Apart from The Keys & Everglades we did Kennedy space station, WDW, sea world & Busch Gardens

This was our trip of a lifetime & we really didn’t think we’d be able to go more than once ... the rest is history.
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Our first trip was in 2000. My mum had died the year before and I inherited the money to pay for the trip (I know she would have approved), my children were 8 and 11.
We flew with My Travel/airtours, DH watched the camera, then the map the whole time (IFE totally lost on him), we arrived at 14.00, stayed in All Stars, threw the cases into the room and got the bus to Downtown Disney, we were so excited being there we didn't leave till gone 11pm, by then we had been up for about 23 hours. Got on the bus and a lady offered my her seat, I politely declined then she said ' Honey you take the seat, your child looks like she is about to drop', they were still awake at 3am.
Brings such a lump to my throat just thinking about it. How I sat on the plane and thought ' I am flying to America', the sight of that huge beautiful castle, my daughters eyes when she saw Eeyore. She spotted a dover flying over the castle as we waited for the fireworks and shouted to everyone ' I have just seen Tinkerbell, I did, i did'.

Edited at 06:33 PM.
sam7 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jiljo
Imagineer

Virgin Manchester to MCO
Stayed Comfort Inn Maingate, Days Inn Fort Myers Beach and Amerisuites International Drive.
First memory that comes to mind is that DD1 started her first period on the flight out.
Second memory is that everyone boarded the plane, nearly ready to get going, an announcement came that a knife had been found on the plane, we all had to disembark, wait over an hour for the plane to be thoroughly searched then start boarding again. (Turned out a carpet fitter had left the knife.)
After that everything was amazing, obviously or we wouldn’t have returned so many times.

See our new 360 degree tour, December 2019.

https://kuula.co/share/collection/7l...less=1&logo=-1

Jiljo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Dh and I first trip was supposed to be in 1991. We had booked with Intasun but they went bust. Looking back it was a blessing in disguise as we had no clue about parks etc and thought everything was walkable. I eventually persuaded Dh in 2010 to book for the following year very reluctantly. I discovered the Dibb and was given some amazing hints and tips and had a fabulous once in a lifetime trip. Dh absolutely loved it and we went back 5 times after that.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy Gumdrops
Helping Minnie

Flew with British Airways 747
Stayed Fantasy World Club Villas

Took off a day late due to plane issues, landed in a thunderstorm which lasted 3 days, fortunately had 3 weeks there and remainder of holiday was full of sunshine. Our holiday of a Life Time on which we have been another 20 times.
Old 26 Oct 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
1990, I went with my parents. I was 13.
We stayed 1 week in the Days Inn, Altamonte Springs then 1 week Miami.
I remember getting a can of Mountain Dew from the vending machine at the Days Inn, and we ate on I-Drive at the Red Lobster, Bennigans (where my mum insisted on drinking that Alcohol-free gem of a beer “O’Doul’s”), and Steak & Ale. We did WDW, Sea World, Gatorland and Universal.
Week 2 in Miami we did a tour, ate at some place which looked like an Airport hangar and a restaurant called “Sahara” which had the rudest waiter ever- we still joke about it 30yrs on.
We were swimming off the beach and my dad told me to swim a bit faster and after being told about 3 times I obliged, only to be told when back on the sand that there was a shark...
within 10 mins the beach had been cleared and a helicopter was circling!
Amazing what you remember isn’t it?

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

2006, travel city direct (the original)
Villa allocation on arrival ,car hire , all on a budget £2500 was an offer in the Sun.
We got all tickets from American attractions and i decided to do disco cove while watching an advert for it on the plane.
Amazing holiday and the 1st of 10 once in a lifetime holidays 👍