Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Dec 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well done,how exciting. My finger is hovering over book for the same hotel but for 1st week of Dec. As we were there Thanksgiving last year we missed Rockefeller tree lighting by a day so would like to see that next time. Did you watch Christmas at the Plaza ? We watched it on catch up channel 4, it's was brilliant. Was my dream to visit the Plaza in the snow and get the iconic home alone shot from Central park. Fingers crossed you can go,it will be amazing 🤞🤞🤞
Old 26 Dec 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
Well done,how exciting. My finger is hovering over book for the same hotel but for 1st week of Dec. As we were there Thanksgiving last year we missed Rockefeller tree lighting by a day so would like to see that next time. Did you watch Christmas at the Plaza ? We watched it on catch up channel 4, it's was brilliant. Was my dream to visit the Plaza in the snow and get the iconic home alone shot from Central park. Fingers crossed you can go,it will be amazing 🤞🤞🤞
Oh man! We missed the tree lighting by a few weeks last time as we went early November so I thought that we would catch it next time 🤦🏻 We can’t go any later because of school, the kids have 2 training days in Nov which is why we went for those days! Oh no I didn’t! Will look today for it on catchup! I’m hoping if we can go to catch the rockettes at Radio City! Did you book a table anywhere for Thanksgiving night? I picked that hotel as it was the cheapest, not a fan of times sq but as long as it has 2 beds & a Starbucks near by I don’t really care lol

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Oh man! We missed the tree lighting by a few weeks last time as we went early November so I thought that we would catch it next time 🤦🏻 We can’t go any later because of school, the kids have 2 training days in Nov which is why we went for those days! Oh no I didn’t! Will look today for it on catchup! I’m hoping if we can go to catch the rockettes at Radio City! Did you book a table anywhere for Thanksgiving night? I picked that hotel as it was the cheapest, not a fan of times sq but as long as it has 2 beds & a Starbucks near by I don’t really care lol
I thought exactly the same about staying on time square but the hotel has great reviews and seems a bit further back from all the hustle and bustle and as you say is the cheapest. Tree lighting is a week after Thanksgiving we missed it as flew home day before. Hopefully you will get to see parade. I booked Hard Rock Cafe for Thanksgiving meal as some restaurants charge a fortune and only one of my kids out of 3 likes a cooked dinner. Hard Rock was amazing,we loved it. My DS 14 had a 24k gold plated burger, he still talks about it now. We spent morning watching parade then afternoon walking in Central park was a perfect day.
Old 26 Dec 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Well in my Christmas day delight, I just booked 4 nights over Thanksgiving weekend, Double Tree by Hilton Times Sq, flights, for 2 adults and 2 teens, £1550... deposit of £350 paid... I'm not telling anyone as the kids have been so disappointed this year with cancelled trips, so incase it doesn't happen, i'm keeping it to myself for now! I'm due to have surgery next year but the way it's going, it will probably be 2022 instead so it was a risk worth taking IMO. Secretly excited but also very aware it may not go ahead!
We stayed there and had a fabulous view over Times Square.

It was actually pretty quiet from the room - the hotel starts on something like floor 20 upwards.
Old 26 Dec 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I personally don’t prefer to stay in Times Square but the hotels there seem very cheap right now - I just booked (optimistically maybe) mid June in the Millenium Times Square.
Old 26 Dec 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Well in my Christmas day delight, I just booked 4 nights over Thanksgiving weekend, Double Tree by Hilton Times Sq, flights, for 2 adults and 2 teens, £1550... deposit of £350 paid... I'm not telling anyone as the kids have been so disappointed this year with cancelled trips, so incase it doesn't happen, i'm keeping it to myself for now! I'm due to have surgery next year but the way it's going, it will probably be 2022 instead so it was a risk worth taking IMO. Secretly excited but also very aware it may not go ahead!
Was that flights and hotel for £1550,I’m thinking not at that price but if so what a fantastic price.
We loved seeing the tree as home alone 2 is must film for me and hubby over Xmas.
I went with the girls but so want my husband to see the tree,so may have a look at prices as it’s his birthday Dec 3rd so a great excuse to go again.
Tracy x
Old 26 Dec 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Was that flights and hotel for £1550,I’m thinking not at that price but if so what a fantastic price.
We loved seeing the tree as home alone 2 is must film for me and hubby over Xmas.
I went with the girls but so want my husband to see the tree,so may have a look at prices as it’s his birthday Dec 3rd so a great excuse to go again.
Tracy x
That’s the sort of price I was getting - be aware of resort fees on top
Old 26 Dec 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Tracy x
Yes, believe it or not! Morning flight to Newark the day before Thanksgiving, evening flight from JFK on the Sunday. We paid £1700 for the same dates this November but 3 nights and not 4, so an absolute bargain! I wanted to see the tree lights but my eldest will have her mocks the first week in December onwards so couldn't risk booking for then. An excuse to go again!

NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I personally don’t prefer to stay in Times Square but the hotels there seem very cheap right now - I just booked (optimistically maybe) mid June in the Millenium Times Square.
Fab, good to know you thought it was a decent hotel, Karen! We stayed at the Westin Grand Central in 2018 which was fine for the 2 of us but with the kids I think it would be better to be closer to Times Sq, but not right in the thick of it. Makes me anxious just thinking about the crowds haha!

Fingers crossed for you, it's nice to have something to look forward to, even if it might not happen

Old 26 Dec 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Yes, believe it or not! Morning flight to Newark the day before Thanksgiving, evening flight from JFK on the Sunday. We paid £1700 for the same dates this November but 3 nights and not 4, so an absolute bargain! I wanted to see the tree lights but my eldest will have her mocks the first week in December onwards so couldn't risk booking for then. An excuse to go again!
What a fantastic price!
I’m getting no where near that for my dates.
Not sure what to do though as we have our winter sunshine holidays to Goa in Jan and then Thailand in March (2022) as we are missing them 2021.
Decisions Decisions
Tracy x