Notices

View Poll Results: Should be have full lockdown , all in tier 4 or carry on the mixed tiers ?
April style lockdown - I am / will be tier 4 by Boxing Day 41 29.29%
Full April style lockdown - I am / will be tier 3 by Boxing Day 28 20.00%
Full April style lockdown - I am / will be tier 1/2 by Boxing Day 10 7.14%
All move to tier 4 - I am / will be tier 4 by Boxing Day 11 7.86%
All move to tier 4 - I am / will be tier 3 by Boxing Day 10 7.14%
All move to tier 4 - I am / will be tier 1/2 by Boxing Day 4 2.86%
Carry on with existing mixed tiers - I am / will be tier 4 by Boxing Day 5 3.57%
Carry on with existing mixed tiers - I am / will be tier 3 by Boxing Day 20 14.29%
Carry on with existing mixed tiers - I am / will be tier 1/2 by Boxing Day 11 7.86%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Dec 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
Schools aren't safe. I fear we'll have further mutations of the disease if they stay open. I'd like to see us move to rotas, no more than 50% of kids in. I think we should be in full lockdown for another 2-3 weeks and then rotas in school and country in T3 or T4 restrictions depending upon level of disease. Track and trace system should move to local authorities.

80% of people at severe risk of death should be vaccinated by end January, but risk of serious disease and permanent disability for many people if its allowed to spread unchecked.
Having mutations is not necessarily a bad thing as quite a few dangerous virus's mutate to be less dangerous and supplant the more dangerous variant in the general population.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Yes, but we have a vaccine for the unmutated virus and at least 2 mutations that are more infectious. It's risky.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
We are in tier 2 so naturally it’s easier to say keep the tiers as they are. My daughter is self employed and has took a massive hit this year she has lost thousands in income the grants have helped a little but she is struggling now. If we have a national lockdown she will be devastated. I do think though that supermarkets should go back to the lockdown method of one in one out and only one person able go in store. You can’t help but wonder if it’s also these supermarkets that are helping spread the virus as they have been rammed in the last few weeks. We should also know soon if there is a drop in cases now schools are closed for the holidays. Fingers crossed we can get all the vaccines soon and start to live a normal life again
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
Yes, but we have a vaccine for the unmutated virus and at least 2 mutations that are more infectious. It's risky.
The scientists say there have already been thousands of mutations- its normal.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
apollo163
Imagineer

Full lockdown people just are not listening. I'm in wiltshire and so many people are visiting us from Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Hampshire which is going to push our rates up the same way that Devon, Cornwall and Isle of Wight have been affected.
2001 private villa (poinciana blvd)
2006 villa formosa gardens
apollo163 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by apollo163 View Post
Full lockdown people just are not listening. I'm in wiltshire and so many people are visiting us from Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Hampshire which is going to push our rates up the same way that Devon, Cornwall and Isle of Wight have been affected.
The tiers are confusing. I've tried to keep up with what we are allowed to do. Its too complicated so may have been uncompliant through ignorance!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

So who has got what they wanted ?
We have moved to tier 4 which I am not happy about
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Yep we’ve gone to tier 4, still hardly any cases in my area. Doesn’t actually make much difference to me, tier 3 caused the damage to members of my family as far as I’m concerned.

Tier 4 - stay at home - ok too cold to go out and they’d already shut everything I’d want to visit anyway.
Non essential shops closed - again I don’t shop especially since masks were introduced so meh.

Childcare bubbles still ok so I can still see my granddaughter so while I’m annoyed at tier 4 nothing except tier 1 max would make me happy lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
No it's a real kick in the teeth after the masive improvement in Bury's figures
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Look at the Isle of Wight, it wasTier 1 but people from Portsmouth came over to escape Tier 4 it's now also Tier 4. Surely they could have controlled that better!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List