Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jan 21, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We were given one for Xmas. I would have never bought one but have to say it makes amazing hot chocolate. We had a couple of tubs of choc and the variety pack of sachets and in just over a week they are nearly all gone. We won’t be able to keep using it at that rate but It will get used. I have also been looking for alternative sources of chocolate for it.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I got one for Christmas and I love it! I’m not sure I’d have bought it myself but it was lively to receive as a gift. As mentioned, the Dualit milk frothed is virtually the same machine at half the price, if you’re not bothered about aesthetics.

The hot chocolate isn’t cheap but I’ve bought the tubes/pouches rather than sachets which is better value.

I use 30g of the white hot chocolate with 220ml skimmed milk which is 257 calories. I can live with that as I enjoy it a lot more than powdered hot chocolate.
Old 2 Jan 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

DH bought me one from QVC for christmas. Its amazing. The hot chocolate is gorgeous. Im not sure I would have bought myself one but as a gift its amazing. Top tip...pop your mugs in the microwave for 30 seconds whilst making the chocolate.
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Oooohhh thank you so much for everyone for your replies!

I am so tempted because I do love a hot chocolate.

With regards to milk frothers, is there any particular ones I should look at before making a decision?
Old 2 Jan 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I’ve has a milk frothed previously but this is nicer .
I bought callebaut Belgian chocolate chips expensive but also make a lovely hot choc in the velvetiser .

While starting the machine I fill the two mugs with very hot water then pour our when the choc is ready. It keeps it warmer longer.

Edited at 11:11 AM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I have a Dualit milk frother which is exactly the same minus the handle & branding. They’re around £50.
Us too. Had ours for several years.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by welshmum View Post
Oooohhh thank you so much for everyone for your replies!

I am so tempted because I do love a hot chocolate.

With regards to milk frothers, is there any particular ones I should look at before making a decision?
This one - amazon/Dualit-8413...52940517&psc=1 - is the same machine, but with a couple of extra features and without the Hotel Chocolate look and branding. We’ve got one at work, but I think the Velvetiser makes hot chocolate a bit hotter.
Old 2 Jan 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

Originally Posted by welshmum View Post
Really thinking about getting one but not sure if the price is justified.

Does anyone own one and what are your reviews on it?

Thanks in advance
My husband ordered me one from QVC. Unfortunately they oversold and it never arrived! 😪
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
The price isn’t just for the machine , in the package we got 2 mugs and 2 boxes of 14 mixed hot chocolate and another of Hotel Chocolat lattes.
Old 2 Jan 21, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I don’t like hot chocolate. Don’t know why, because I love to eat chocolate !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List