Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jan 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
there is no contact number any more. You have to book a fix online, and/or speak via chat. Chat took us 2 hours to get to the front of the queue in early December. (we tried to book a fix online and earliest was 18 days later!)

Tuesday is good. Book Tuesday - you can cancel if you get earlier.

From experience/memory - Remember if you are isolating they will not come. If you are shielding they may not come. If you have an alternate supply of hot water (electric shower - they will not come quickly. If you have an alternate supply of heat (electric fan heater) they will not come quickly. If you have a condition that makes you vulnerable but does not mean you have to shield and no alternate hot water/heat they will come earlier. Not necessarily the same day. They may tell you they are coming that day, but they might not actually turn up. They may say they are coming the following day, but they might not turn up.

Then you are practically at Tuesday anyhow.

Sorry... we stopped our contract after our December fiasco.

Sounds horrific! We have no other source of hot water. We do have a multi fuel stove in the dining room but that’s it.

No one would know if we were vulnerable or not or alternate heating as they didn’t ask for information. So frustrating.

When they have no customers left, I hope they realise why.

Did you go elsewhere?
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouser View Post
I was able to book appointment online this morning no problem, they also had slots for Monday. Well they did in my area anyway.
I can’t even get appointments to load. I log in, go to book online and it just keeps taking me back to my home page. I’ve tried on my phone and the laptop. Even DH tried as I thought I was doing something wrong.🤷🏼🤦🏼
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

hometree/

Anyone use these? Trust pilot reviews seem good. Half the price of British Gas for the same cover. Sounds like a no brainier to move. Anyone any experience with them? Thanks.
Old 2 Jan 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I can’t even get appointments to load. I log in, go to book online and it just keeps taking me back to my home page. I’ve tried on my phone and the laptop. Even DH tried as I thought I was doing something wrong.🤷🏼🤦🏼
Do you have the app, its working fine just checked.
Old 2 Jan 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Sounds horrific! We have no other source of hot water. We do have a multi fuel stove in the dining room but that’s it.

No one would know if we were vulnerable or not or alternate heating as they didn’t ask for information. So frustrating.

When they have no customers left, I hope they realise why.

Did you go elsewhere?
yes, we went to a local plumbing firm and they looked at our video of the problem, (we had a leak inside the boiler as a plastic part had deteriorated) came out and fixed it... just like that. I think we were so caught up in the "we have a contract with British gas, they have always come out when we needed" that we forgot that someone may just come out locally and fix it if we rang them.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

I have no complaints with the homecare agreement, been a customer 20 years, sometimes they have been out sameday. But again that might be due to geographical reasons.
Old 2 Jan 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Do you have the app, its working fine just checked.
I have the app and get an error message about how it’s not working for all of our customers. British Gas are really pulling out all of the stops today to get rid of me as a customer!😂
Old 2 Jan 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Did you try the number I posted on the first page? I called it and was offered the list of options to select from and my friend used it the other day to book an appointment
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I have no complaints with the homecare agreement, been a customer 20 years, sometimes they have been out sameday. But again that might be due to geographical reasons.
I never have until today. I’ve been with them years also.
Old 2 Jan 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
Did you try the number I posted on the first page? I called it and was offered the list of options to select from and my friend used it the other day to book an appointment
I did. I’ve booked an appointment for Tuesday but it wasn’t a person. It was automated. I was hoping for an engineer visit before 3 days. 3 days without heating/hot water is going to be rubbish.😢