Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jan 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
David121523
Trying for More Ears

May 2021

Anyone still hopefull of getting to Florida in may we booked had booked for last September but that was cancelled park tickets are only valid till end of this year and I’m not sure if tui have said anything about flights from Newcastle in may yet
David121523 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

We’re booked for mid-June.

It’s hard to be hopeful at the moment as we’re in the middle of a lockdown and surrounded by negativity. I’m just confident that neither the government or the travel industry wants another spring/summer of no travel.

We’ll hopefully soon see the fruits of an increased vaccination programme + airlines bringing a variety of COVID tests online. I think travel will be possible in the summer; but I do think there’ll still be some restrictions (which we’re more than happy to accept).
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

We were due to travel in March but I've now moved to Sept - just couldn't see it happening for us. Fingers crossed for May for you. Stay safe
Old 10 Jan 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

We are may 25th from Newcastle and I'm hopeful...a lot can happen and the skies have to open at some point (we were originally may 20 then feb 21). If the worst happens and we have to push back again then so be it but until I'm told otherwise I'm keeping positive x
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

We are booked 8th May and I have been so hopefully until now. With the lockdown and numbers increasing I just don't see it happening which makes me really sad :-( I've tried to move it with BA but they have said that my flight is still operating and I would only get a voucher which I would have to travel by April 22 which I don't want as I want to move it to exactly a year later to May 22. I am just waiting for them to cancel me so I can get a refund and so I can rebook. I hope it works out for you . I am not being negative Nelly but with it only being a few months away - I don't see us being vaccinated anytime before that - we are 40+ category.
2002 - Magic Castle, Kissimmee & Mariot Suites Boca Raton
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

No not hopeful at all due to fly 3rd May balance is due next month so do we pay 💰 and hope they cancel or just move it to next year which will cost £100.
Old 10 Jan 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
spinone lover
Excited about Disney

We still have flights booked for March.
spinone lover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Whilst I have nothing booked at present, May & early November are my favourite times to visit Florida.

I'm not booking anything for this May - too risky IMO & has a very big chance of being cancelled. I may [no pun intended] just reconsider if the US travel ban is lifted, but I can't see that happening anytime soon. I can see the incoming President Biden playing it very safely on the travel ban front, as he won't want to start his term in office doing something that increases the risk of mass-infection.

Covid cases are pretty rampant in the USA & I would rather visit once I've been vaccinated (which due to my age & thankful good health won't be until the middle of the year). I'd also prefer to visit when there is a slight chance the mask wearing rules have gone - and I certainly can't see that happening before May.

To all of you who have got holidays booked - fingers crossed they go ahead.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Like millions of others we lost April 2020 - only took VA about 130 days to refund us.

Like another million others we lost Nov 2020 - BA quicker though at around 30 days.

Sadly our glass now becoming half empty for next April. As we're both 74 we should be jabbed by mid-Feb but the numbers over there are still very scary. In any event if the FCO don't remove their advisory we wouldn't go anyway - travel insurance would be invalid.

Hopeful for Nov 2021 though.

Mick
Old 10 Jan 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Borderbairn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
No not hopeful at all due to fly 3rd May balance is due next month so do we pay 💰 and hope they cancel or just move it to next year which will cost £100.
We're in exactly the same position.

Southern Dunes 2006 & 2007 Highlands Reserve & Hard Rock Hotel May & Sep 2008 The Sanctuary West Haven 2009 Freedom of the Seas & Doubletree Resort 2010 Highlands Reserve May 2012 Windsor Hills 2014 New York 2016
Borderbairn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List