Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jan 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Who has been over Christmas and what did you think ?

I Love Disney and Christmas and I was in my element having this holiday with my family . 🤗
The attention to detail is amazing , we also did Mickeys very magic Christmas . Please let me know your views .
simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

It's an amazing time theme wise and a nice change from Xmas at home. Be prepared for the crowds though especially as, hopefully, limits will be lifted as vaccines are distributed.

This was 11.30 on Xmas Day 2015, we'd been in since 7am and were leaving for present opening back at CR and then lunch.

I'd go back over Xmas without hesitation though.

Edited at 02:15 PM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Haven't been at Christmas, but have been 6 times for the first 3 weeks of December and it is brilliant. Trouble is it doesn't feel Christmassy in the UK anymore.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We’ve been 3 times at. christmas including 2019. Very busy but wonderful atmosphere and decorations etc. Loved it but unsure what it’ll be like this year for everybody
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

My favourite time at WDW. It's amazing, busy but still far better than being in the UK.
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

We’re the same been a few times in the run up to Xmas but not stayed for Xmas.
I loved all the Christmas decorations and parade at mvmcp 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

We did mvmcp in 2017 and it was amazing . I loved every minute . It was really busy as it was thanksgiving time too. Our first time staying onsite at old key west too .. All magical
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumps Mrs
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We went to Disneyland for Christmas on 2 of the years we didn't come back to the UK.
The 1st year was 2011 - Christmas Day was brilliant, Boxing Day was rammed.I've never felt more uncomfortable. People were being turned away by 10.30 CM were directing guests in a 1 way system throughout the whole park!
If you left to visit DCA you had no guarantee that you'd be able to get in there or return to DL.
The next Christmas visit was 2016 - much more relaxed as crowd levels didn't seem as high. Temperatures were cooler too I remember needing a sweatshirt until around 10am! 😄
It's a fabulous atmosphere and the theming changes to Small World and Haunted Mansion are well worth the trip.
We've done several Nov/Dec trips to Florida, but not been there for the actual holiday, including arriving on Thanksgiving twice!
We did MVMCP but only once - for us it just wasn't as enjoyable as Hallowe'en
If we're lucky we might get to take DGS one year for the Christmas theming. It may need to be a WDW trip that ties in with Hallowe'en too though as he'll be 4 this year so school dates will need to be accounted for.
Grumps Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyLoo07
Very Serious Dibber

I went for the first time at the beginning of December and loved it with the decorations. It was the last year of the osbourne family lights at Hollywood studios which were just out of this world and was so glad we got to see them.

The crowd level was also really nice at the beginning of December, but that was 5 years ago!
LoopyLoo07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

We've been going for years over Christmas, even though it's really busy, it's more doable for us as you're not contending with extreme heat and humidity.Missed being there this past Christmas but can't wait to be back in December.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List