Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jan 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Kawaii
Excited about Disney

Advice re August direct Disney booking and Aer Lingus

Good morning,

I've been watching the August threads with interest as we are booking to fly on 7th. We are booked with Disney and we have booked Aer Lingus flights with Disney too.

I had planned on deciding at the end of April when the balance is due to decide if we are going, however the on the hotel booking we can make changes free of charge up until just before we travel. The Aer Lingus site also says that's the case too, for free.

I know this is probably a stupid question but in theory does that mean we are safe to pay the balance in April and make changes at a later date if needed? I want to decide as late as possible if we are going or postponing but obviously I want to do that without risking money.

Thanks.

Edited at 09:27 AM.
Kawaii is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Laurap
I want to go now!

We booked via Disney with aer lingus flights for feb 21.
We cancelled the other day free of charge and should (fingers crossed) be getting a full refund back in the next couple of days.
When we rang wdw up in the middle of December they said we would lose £100 pp if we cancelled them because of flights- Disney section free to cancel, but because the flights were still showing as operational we would lose some money.
Then we were put into full lockdown until middle of Feb (we were due to go 4.2.21)
We rang up and they sorted no charge

Worth a note though that aer lingus would not talk to us about it at all because we had booked with Disney - wouldn’t even tell me if the flight was showing as operational because I didn’t have a booking ref.
When the flight first disappeared i pretended to be booking and wanting to be on that specific flight.

Edited at 09:23 AM. Reason: Spelling
Laurap is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

You need to look at Disney rules for flights, not Aer Lingus rules. I did not think that Disney conditions concerning flights were as flexible as their accommodation terms, although I have never booked flights with them so not 100% sure. Aer Lingus own rules are not directly relevant to you as you do not have a contract with them.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

I agree rules for 3rd party bookings are different to booking direct. You would have to check disney's terms for flight inclusive bookings - not aer lingus terms.

I seem to remember Disney imposing a fee for changing cancelling flights booked through them, but that may have changed since I looked - a lot of companies it seems are being a lot more generous in their terms recently
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Kawaii
Excited about Disney

Thank you all. As I read it Disney go through the airline to work out charges but the text is a bit vague. I'm planning on giving them a call to have a chat about it. Thanks all.
Kawaii is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Kawaii
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Laurap View Post
We booked via Disney with aer lingus flights for feb 21.
We cancelled the other day free of charge and should (fingers crossed) be getting a full refund back in the next couple of days.
When we rang wdw up in the middle of December they said we would lose £100 pp if we cancelled them because of flights- Disney section free to cancel, but because the flights were still showing as operational we would lose some money.
Then we were put into full lockdown until middle of Feb (we were due to go 4.2.21)
We rang up and they sorted no charge

Worth a note though that aer lingus would not talk to us about it at all because we had booked with Disney - wouldn’t even tell me if the flight was showing as operational because I didn’t have a booking ref.
When the flight first disappeared i pretended to be booking and wanting to be on that specific flight.
That's great thanks. So I take it you had paid in full by that point.

Hopefully by the time April comes round it for our balance things will be a bit clearer.
Old 19 Jan 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I had a package booked with Disney (flights with BA) and they informed me if I cancelled before the balance due date I was eligible for all of my deposit back.

If I cancelled after the balance due date I would be able to get the money for my hotel back (provided I cancelled at least 7 days before) but with my flights I would be tied to the airlines rules and regulations so I would have to pay BA’s fees and changes etc, hopefully that makes sense! The lady I had was lovely and went through this all with me thankfully!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Kawaii
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
I had a package booked with Disney (flights with BA) and they informed me if I cancelled before the balance due date I was eligible for all of my deposit back.

If I cancelled after the balance due date I would be able to get the money for my hotel back (provided I cancelled at least 7 days before) but with my flights I would be tied to the airlines rules and regulations so I would have to pay BA’s fees and changes etc, hopefully that makes sense! The lady I had was lovely and went through this all with me thankfully!
Ah thank you, that's great. I'll give them a call nearer to the balance date. We were originally planning for 2022 but brought it forward as had some spare money, but we can delay even though would be sad to
Old 22 Jan 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurap
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by Kawaii View Post
That's great thanks. So I take it you had paid in full by that point.

Hopefully by the time April comes round it for our balance things will be a bit clearer.

Yes we had paid the full thing in October.
We paid deposit on one card and balance on another and the payments were paid back on the cards that were used
All monies returned
Laurap is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Kawaii
Excited about Disney

Thank you! Sorry one more question, did they give you the option to postpone?