Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 15 Jan 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Tenet, blimey what the hell was that about! I usually give it fifteen minutes before I switch over.
Old 15 Jan 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

I’ll put my tin hat on first as I know many see this as a Christmas classic but we watched Elf for the first time this year and both me an DW were left completely bored by it.
Wazza is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
I’ll put my tin hat on first as I know many see this as a Christmas classic but we watched Elf for the first time this year and both me an DW were left completely bored by it.
Funnily enough, DH and I also watched it this year having not previously, and both were bored by it... its just well.. not that great...

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I didn't really enjoy La La Land either. I was unimpressed with A Star is Born too. We do like movies and I usually have quite a good attention span, but neither of these really grabbed me.
Old 15 Jan 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
I didn't really enjoy La La Land either. I was unimpressed with A Star is Born too. We do like movies and I usually have quite a good attention span, but neither of these really grabbed me.
I agree both really boring films, waited for that spark that just wasn’t there. 👎
Old 15 Jan 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Tenet, blimey what the hell was that about! I usually give it fifteen minutes before I switch over.
I struggled through Tenet and saw it at IMAX - infact I fell asleep . Load of a old tosh IMHO
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
I prefer both older versions of A Star is Born but I do like Lady Ga Ga voice so could watch it (well listen to it) while ironing

I loved the start of La La land but it peaked to early for me
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
Yep another one I haven’t seen to the end - my family love it ans its “The Christmas’ film for them . Not for me . Again the start is fine then its so repetitive
Old 15 Jan 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I am finding Murder she Wrote and Midsomer Murders entertaining again . Although I hate violence in TV/films these 2 only really suggest it and are easy to re-watch
They have started rerunning Wycliffe again too , not a bad watch
WIGGYSMUM is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We struggled with Spectre, which pins me as I absolutely love James Bond films usually
WIGGYSMUM is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List