Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

I'm due to fly out on the A330 - 200 in PE exit row seats and back on the A330-300 - i'll be gutted if I don't get exit row and I don't think they have that config on the 300
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Daft question, if i end up flying on the 330 300 there are a few exits. Do they use all of them for disembarking? Or do they just use the exit in premium economy? Are the exit row seats still a bit odd by the window as in you can't put your legs out straight?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
bdl1994
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Daft question, if i end up flying on the 330 300 there are a few exits. Do they use all of them for disembarking? Or do they just use the exit in premium economy? Are the exit row seats still a bit odd by the window as in you can't put your legs out straight?
I don’t know about the exit row legroom, but if it’s the A330-300, in normal operations the exit door would be between Upper and Premium, on the left hand side.
bdl1994 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Phoned travel agent to talk about upgrades and i mentioned about the type of plane. She will be phoning Virgin tomorrow for some info.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
thealienwarrior
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Interesting thread. I could book my seats as of today and my flight shows as the A330-200. Have booked back row window seats. If they change the plane, any idea if they transfer you over to the equivalent seats or will I have to keep checking the book my seats? Very disappointing if they don't honour same location of seats.

I am not the best flyer when it goes to take off, landing, and turbulence. This is why I always pre-book seats, even if I have to pay to do so. That way I ensure DH is beside me. Bonus of back row is if I freak, there are less people able to see and gawk at me (which always makes that type of thing worse). Have been known to have a full on panic attack on really rough flight once.
Old 21 Jan 21, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Informative thread. Im booked UC on the A332 in November too. Cant decide if I like the layout and UC seats. Will be fine with me if we are moved to an A333. Similar config to the 744 UC Ive flown before but a lot more UC seats.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
Informative thread. Im booked UC on the A332 in November too. Cant decide if I like the layout and UC seats. Will be fine with me if we are moved to an A333. Similar config to the 744 UC Ive flown before but a lot more UC seats.
Hey up bonny lad, good to see you again, hope you're well

I know you're UC (as we'll be in Nov if Virgin are flying!), but for PE, IMHO the A330-300 still has the 21" of seat width making it the best option vs the 18" on other Virgin aircraft.
Old 22 Jan 21, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

For those asking which aircraft you'll be on, none of us will know until Virgin get to grips with their logistics, even then aircraft type could change, too many variables at the moment.

Here's hoping this bloody virus is reduced and all get their holiday, until then, stay safe and well all
Old 22 Jan 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
For those asking which aircraft you'll be on, none of us will know until Virgin get to grips with their logistics, even then aircraft type could change, too many variables at the moment.

Here's hoping this bloody virus is reduced and all get their holiday, until then, stay safe and well all
Apparently virgin have no plans to change the a330 200. I'll believe it when I'm on the plane. We are economy delight going there and back as now premium is full.

Edited at 03:04 PM.
Old 22 Jan 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Apparently virgin have no plans to change the a330 200. I'll believe it when I'm on the plane. We are economy delight going there and back as now premium is full.
Hi April - did your TA speak to Virgin re the 200's? Wonder if VA supplied info to Simple Flying stating the A330-200's have already left Virgin's service...

For 2021, the airline is not planning to take any more aircraft deliveries as far as we know. It will rely instead on its existing Dreamliners, with the six A350s and the remaining A330-300s soldiering on for a little longer. The A330-200s have gone, as have all the quadjets at the airline.