Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jan 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack Reacher
Proud to wear my Ears

Plans for Manchester T2 to reopen?

I've seen today that Virgin are offering for a limited time only for complimentary access to Aspire lounge in T2 with all bookings from Manchester to Orlando and Barbados between 25th March and 31st December. Could this be a good sign that they are expecting restrictions to lift soon if they are planning to start using T2 again? Fingers crossed 🤞
Jack Reacher is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jack Reacher View Post
I've seen today that Virgin are offering for a limited time only for complimentary access to Aspire lounge in T2 with all bookings from Manchester to Orlando and Barbados between 25th March and 31st December. Could this be a good sign that they are expecting restrictions to lift soon if they are planning to start using T2 again? Fingers crossed 🤞
Even if you have already booked? Would like to know how you can book this?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack Reacher
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Unfortunately not, just bookings made from today into next week.
Jack Reacher is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Dont worry you aren't missing out - its terrible. I got complimentary access a couple of years ago but I stayed about 10 mins then went to sit at the gate which was far preferable

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
Dont worry you aren't missing out - its terrible. I got complimentary access a couple of years ago but I stayed about 10 mins then went to sit at the gate which was far preferable
Really? What was wrong with it?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

Really? What was wrong with it?
We got complimentary access once too and couldn’t even get a seat in there.It was full of large groups drinking alcohol,and there was nowhere to sit.There was only one toilet available and the queues to get in the lounge later on were massive.We had to go back down in the lift to use the toilets in the main terminal.
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Have to say me and the wife got complimentary access last year as we’d never of paid for it but it was really quiet and good looking doen on all the common people from the window lol
They made up fresh bacon and sausage barms for breakfast and the wife even went back for more😂
Really chilled out and would do it again even paying for it next time but I imagine if it had been busy like others said it wouldn’t have been enjoyable!
glenandem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by glenandem View Post
Have to say me and the wife got complimentary access last year as we’d never of paid for it but it was really quiet and good looking doen on all the common people from the window lol
They made up fresh bacon and sausage barms for breakfast and the wife even went back for more😂
Really chilled out and would do it again even paying for it next time but I imagine if it had been busy like others said it wouldn’t have been enjoyable!
Sounds lovely.We were there at half term,so maybe that’s why it was busy!
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Jack Reacher
Proud to wear my Ears

I guess my point wasn't about the quality of the lounge but more so the fact that they are offering it in T2 so it was a piece of positive news that they must be planning to reopen T2 soon. If they're planning to reopen T2 then they must be expecting restrictions to be relaxed soon as this indicates an increase in demand.
Old 20 Jan 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It’s more of a marketing tool than an indication that flights are about to resume. VS and other airline are still selling flights that are clearly not going to happen.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List