Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Doesn’t that apply to any driver though? And isn’t the risk for Tesco and the driver to assess?
Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
I joined the police at 22 and I was often out on patrol on my own in one of the roughest parts of London. I was not even the youngest female on my response team. I’m not sure what the concern is?
A Few seperate things here

1. Delivery slots ; Although i understand the demand for them some of the times available now are ridiculous, my neighbour has twice now had a sainsbury's delivery at 7ish on a Sunday morning making a hell of a racket & waking me up, If i wasn't on furlough and doing my usual job where i don't get in till 1ish on a Sunday morning i word have been unhappy enough to have a word.

2. Not sure the age is relevant as at over 21 you are most definately an adult, in my own case i was working full time at 16, sent to london for errands and would have been working for nearly10 years at the top end of the age scale

3. I'm sure the OP didn't intend to be sexist but by its very definition any statement that differentiates between the sexes for the same set of circumstances just is, it can't be anything else. We just need to think about things a little differently, i remember in my job as a pub manager we always used to have a rule that there had to be a male member of staff on duty at all times, some years ago circumstances made me question that rule and i realised how ridiculous it was, the rule now is that for safety there are always at least two members of staff on duty, be that two male, two female or a mixture of the two, it either safe or it isn't the persons individual sex is immaterial the only other factor that could play apart is the actual maturity of the person concerned

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I hope all the correct shopping arrived with no substitutions

Disney332
Old 20 Jan 21, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
When I was 18 I was manager of a small retail outlet (part of a chain).

Due to the size of my store I was regularly on my own (normally for no longer than an hour) and often locked up and left on my own.

I also parked in the only long stay car park in town which involved a short walk which was very dark in winter.

I would have been incredibly unhappy if I had not been selected for my role due to being female but am sure some would have been uncomfortable if I had been their daughter.

I survived without any harm ever coming to me by the way...
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I am sure the OP didnt intend to be ageist or sexist but its no bad thing for some things to be aired and pointed out that way offence can be avoided (tin hat was a amber flag maybe)

What I wouldn’t like is a delivery at that time of night . I switch my phone off at 2100 as I hate late phone calls/texts. I think its bad form for neighbours to disturb me with a delivery that late and I would have a word; thankfully mine seem incredibly considerate on that score (but also good sound proofing probably means I wouldn’t even know )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I am sure the OP didnt intend to be ageist or sexist but its no bad thing for some things to be aired and pointed out that way offence can be avoided (tin hat was a amber flag maybe)

What I wouldn’t like is a delivery at that time of night . I switch my phone off at 2100 as I hate late phone calls/texts. I think its bad form for neighbours to disturb me with a delivery that late and I would have a word; thankfully mine seem incredibly considerate on that score (but also good sound proofing probably means I wouldn’t even know )
If your shielding as Dh is and it is the only slot available you don't have an option.
Old 20 Jan 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
If your shielding as Dh is and it is the only slot available you don't have an option.
SOme other options you may wish to consider Use a different company, amazon deliver via Morrison’s, diveroo deliver coop - book other slots. I wouldnt be happy with a delivery late at night

I am sure there are hundreds more - I have friends shielding and I shop for one, ask a friend.neighbour.family ... lots of options
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
SOme other options you may wish to consider Use a different company, amazon deliver via Morrison’s, diveroo deliver coop - book other slots. I wouldnt be happy with a delivery late at night

I am sure there are hundreds more - I have friends shielding and I shop for one, ask a friend.neighbour.family ... lots of options
Thanks but no thanks.
Old 20 Jan 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I’ve finished work at the earliest time of 10pm since I was 18, more often than not after midnight. I had to cross London at the age of 18 on my own after midnight, or walk through a village (I preferred London, there was always people about).

But I didn’t think anything of it to be honest. You just do what you have to me work comes with stupid hours so being out on my own at 10/11pm doesn’t bother me.

I prefer not to be on my own in certain parts near work - but that’s regardless of the time 😂
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I get your point op as food shopping delivery drivers usually go into the home, where as most delivery drivers of other items leave things at the doorstep unless it’s a large items and then there are usually two people involved.
I personally wouldn’t want to do it as a lone female at night but then I’ve had a bad experience going into a home to walk someone’s dog

Edited at 08:32 PM.
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Really?
I know - remind be are we really in 21 Century or the dark ages ?