Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
#1
TEL N KEL
Imagineer
 
TEL N KEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11
Online check in Question/problem

Just done online check in for our flights
Man/Heathrow no problem all 4 can be printed

However our Heathrow to Miami there are 2 in our party and it says they can not print/issue boarding passes for them.
Is this because they have to do extra checks on them ?

They are both Adults, sisters with same names

Anyone experienced this
__________________
TEL N KEL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
#2
chmurf
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Dec 12
you'll have the dreaded SSSS printed on their boarding passes

it indeed means extra checks before the transatlantic flight

no sweat, it will take a couple of minutes, and you'll get the boarding passes at check in at the airport

ETA : to be clearer
you'll be issued the boarding passes at check in at the airport

then before clearing the border police in heathrow you'll get an additionnal check
sometimes that check will be right at the boarding gate

Edited at 11:36 AM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
#3
TEL N KEL
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
TEL N KEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
you'll have the dreaded SSSS printed on their boarding passes

it indeed means extra checks before the transatlantic flight

no sweat, it will take a couple of minutes, and you'll get the boarding passes at check in at the airport

ETA : to be clearer
you'll be issued the boarding passes at check in at the airport

then before clearing the border police in heathrow you'll get an additionnal check
sometimes that check will be right at the boarding gate
Thanks for this, I thought it might mean this.
Oh well at least its not me who is getting pulled to the side.

So will this happen at Heathrow or Manchester ?

There Manchester to Heathrow boarding passes are fine it is just there London To Miami Transatlantic flight that it say this .
__________________

Edited at 11:49 AM.
TEL N KEL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
#4
thatdavieguy
Imagineer
 
thatdavieguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 13
Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
Thanks for this, I thought it might mean this.
Oh well at least its not me who is getting pulled to the side.

So will this happen at Heathrow or Manchester ?

There Manchester to Heathrow boarding passes are fine it is just there London To Miami Transatlantic flight that it say this .
Will be at Heathrow as it's in relation to going to the states
__________________
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic75154_1.gif
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
Jimmy Mac
Proud to wear my Ears
 
Jimmy Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 17
Location: Glasgow
Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
Will be at Heathrow as it's in relation to going to the states
Thats exactly what happened to my son flyng to the states from Heathrow last October. The check takes a couple of minutes it also got us to the front of the queue for boarding
Jimmy Mac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
ClaireNJ
Imagineer
 
ClaireNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 19
Location: Essex
Originally Posted by Jimmy Mac View Post
Thats exactly what happened to my son flyng to the states from Heathrow last October. The check takes a couple of minutes it also got us to the front of the queue for boarding
Ha Ha ha, Usually itís my Hubbie who gets pulled over when going into the departure lounge, think itís because he looks like Jason Statham , now itís my turn 🙄
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
ClaireNJ
Imagineer
 
ClaireNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 19
Location: Essex
Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
Thanks for this, I thought it might mean this.
Oh well at least its not me who is getting pulled to the side.

So will this happen at Heathrow or Manchester ?

There Manchester to Heathrow boarding passes are fine it is just there London To Miami Transatlantic flight that it say this .
Are you at Heathrow tomorrow too 🤔
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disney Park Tickets
On 20th November 4:14pm
Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World Resort on Jan. 1, 2021As the phased reopening of Walt... Read More »
Posted in epcot
On 20th November 11:29am
As part of the D23 Fantastic Worlds Celebration, Disney shared details about the historic transformation... Read More »
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 27th October 3:18pm
Walt Disney World has announced that their entrance gateways to Walt Disney World are about... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
CaxtonFX  $1.3034
Covent Garden FX  $1.3226
FAIRFX  $1.3100
John Lewis  $1.3157
M&S  $1.2899
Post Office  $1.2902
Sainsburys  $1.3082
TESCO  $1.3093
Travelex  $1.3048
Updated: 08:00 27/11/2020
Euro Rates
CaxtonFX  €1.0929
Covent Garden FX  €1.1071
FAIRFX  €1.1050
John Lewis  €1.1021
M&S  €1.0817
Post Office  €1.0807
Sainsburys  €1.0968
TESCO  €1.0967
Travelex  €1.0931
Updated: 08:00 27/11/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now