Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 12 Jul 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyDisney7
Excited about Disney

Sequoia Lodge - Lodge or Near Facilities?

Hi All

Firstly apologies if this has already been asked, but i've scrolled through a number of pages and searched and come up with nothing.

I'm looking at booking Sequoia Lodge for next year with the free half board offer. There are a couple different options and i'm not sure if it's worth the upgrade:
Standard Room
Standard Room - Near Hotel Facilities

Realistically, how far away are the furthest blocks? There's around £100 difference in total (for 3 nights) between the 2 options. Given we'd have the half board, we'd be going to the hotel for breakfast each day I am considering the upgrade to Near Hotel Facilities option - but if it's a negligible walking distance i'll give it a miss!

Any advice would be very welcome!

(I have assumed there are no other differences, but please tell me if there are)
LoopyDisney7 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
It is a five minute walk. Unless you have mobility issues or toddlers I wouldn’t bother.

One thing to note - some of the lodges have a lift but others don’t. So you may have to walk up one flight of stairs.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyDisney7
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
It is a five minute walk. Unless you have mobility issues or toddlers I wouldn’t bother.

One thing to note - some of the lodges have a lift but others don’t. So you may have to walk up one flight of stairs.
Thanks for the info - will save the £100 and put it towards spending money!
LoopyDisney7 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
We stayed in one of the lodges a few years ago.
We found it quicker to get out of the hotel grounds and to the walkway around the lake.
When we’ve stayed in the main building its taken more time to get down in the lift (with the pushchair).
Rooms are all the same lay out and decorated the same.
I’d save the £100!

Edited at 09:09 AM.
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Stayed in both. I enjoyed staying the lodges but had to book hotel last stay due to my dad's mobility issue, however where we were in the hotel was just as far to walk haha just all on one level.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyDisney7
Excited about Disney

Thank you all! The cheaper option it is
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

I prefer the lodges but I would recommend you email the hotel around 5 days before you arrive and request one of the closest ones. Yellowstone is the nearest and then Yosemite and both are also close to the pool building.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyDisney7
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
I prefer the lodges but I would recommend you email the hotel around 5 days before you arrive and request one of the closest ones. Yellowstone is the nearest and then Yosemite and both are also close to the pool building.
Thanks! Will keep a note of that info - being near the pool would be good
Old 14 Jul 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

We really like the lodges too - I definitely wouldn't pay extra to be in the main building. That's money that can be spent in better places
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

When not staying in the golden forest I always book the lodges if cheaper then email about a week before & ask for the closet lodge to main building & most times I’m put in the main building! Anytime ive done this it’s been off peak so maybe empty rooms?

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List