Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Sep 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
1hr 15min stop in Dublin: doable?

So, DH as usual, can only come for 10 days next Easter. He's looking at Bristol - Dublin - MCO with Aer Lingus but there's only a 1hr 15min stop in Dublin.
I'm assuming he'd have to pick up & drop off his luggage and clear US Immigration in Dublin so potentially this isn't long enough.
Has anyone done this or know whether it's viable please?
Old 6 Sep 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Last year it took us around 1hr 10 minutes to do all of the security and pre-clearance. It's taken us longer previously, so I would say that 1hr 15 minutes isn't long enough. That kind of timescale doesn't allow for any kind of delay at all.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

I would say yes... if it is booked as a through ticket then airlines would not provide this kind of connection if not doable.
Old 7 Sep 19, 03:59 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

I don't think you have to pick up and re check your bags if connecting in Dublin, I believe you're shown a picture of your bag and asked to verify that it's yours. 1h15 should be doable.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 06:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

Here is a copy and paste of the post i put up in the beginning of Aug.

I recently took my hubby and kids to England for a family visit, we flew from Chicago to London with British Airways then returned from Leeds to Dublin to Chicago with Aer Lingus, we had 1.45 mins lay over in Dublin.

When we arrived in Dublin went through their immigration we were told to go to the desk (we are a family of 4 including 2 teenage kids. 3 US passports and 1 British passport) when we arrived in London we all went through the E gates, in Dublin we were sent to a desk, the E gates would have been much quicker but it seemed they were only sending singles and couples through those.

Then we arrived at US screening and security. I was pulled aside for additional screening, it took forever! I eventually asked to use my mobile phone (as it is prohibited in this area) so I could tell my hubby to get on the flight with our girls and I would take a later flight, anyhow they would not let me use my phone and after what seemed like forever, they took my boarding pass and passport, put me through a body scanner, searched my hand luggage, patted me down, turned on my electrical's, swabbed my palms and watch then released me and gave me back my passport.

My husband waited for me, we all went through the US citizens line for passport control, which was moving faster than the other line and arrived at the gate as the 'all remaining passengers' boarding announcement' was being made.

Knowing what I know now I would def have made sure I had at least 2.5 hours between flghts.

I just wanted to give anyone flying this way a heads up.
Old 7 Sep 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
MissRed
Excited about Disney

I wouldn't be happy with 1hr 15min.
It's technically doable, but in practice it's a massive risk. As per Disney Ash, I had the dreaded "SSS" on my ticket and had to have additional security and it takes ageeeessss.
As it's random, you can never know who will get it, so I wouldn't risk it.
That coupled with the fact there are only 4 flights a week to Orlando from DUB, if you miss the flight you'd either have to wait a day or get put onto an indirect flight.

One thing you have mentioned is picking up luggage, if you're booked through on one ticket you won't need to do this in DUB, I went MAN-DUB-MCO last year with Aer Lingus on one booking and bags checked straight through.
YC '08
AKL '18
MissRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

No. I wouldn’t risk it. If you make the flight from Dublin, your luggage may not. It happened to us as our Birmingham-Dublin flight was delayed by an hour. We had to run for our Miami flight, our luggage took 3 weeks to catch us up. It took Aer Lingus 6 months to cover our expenses, we wasted Park days buying new clothes, essentials (for 3 weeks...definitely not the shopping I had in mind) and so much energy and time trying to locate our luggage.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Thanks for all the replies, definitely not worth the risk! 😬
Old 7 Sep 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottery
Imagineer

Can you not fly to Dublin earlier? look to see if Ryan air who fly from bristol to Dublin flights go from 8am on the good Friday

Edited at 06:12 PM.
Pottery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
He can but that means a 6 hr stop. He’s thinking of going direct instead now but thanks.☺️