Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Sep 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

I used body glide for chaffing and it’s amazing.

I started c25k in Jan 2017, ran a half marathon in the September, got a ballot place to the London marathon for 2018 but deferred it to this year. I’ve ran a couple more half marathons since. It really does work and you can’t believe it when you start - but it does!

I’ve decided I need (and want) to start C25k again. I want to be more consistent with my runs and I’ll start training again in Jan.

So I might join in with this thread if that’s ok? 🙈

Edited at 06:55 PM.
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

I've just completed Week 2 of C25K but I'm doing it on the treadmill at the gym. Decided to add it on to the work I'm doing with my PT. Have the app on my MotoG5 but can't play music and have the app on
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Hi Anne

I’ve used the app on my non Moto Android phone with Spotify playing.

I just downloaded it onto my wife’s Moto G6 Play and it worked fine with Spotify and her onboard music. The music faded when Laura was talking and went louder when she stopped.

Please can you confirm that you are using the One You Couch to 5K app rather than the podcast. I used the podcast for the first couple of weeks or so.

When you are about to start your run the app gives you the chance to play your music. You then go to Spotify etc start the music and then press go on the app.

Hopefully it will work, and I’m not teaching you to suck eggs.
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

I'm using the app downloaded from the nhs but cant see how to play music.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

It should be the One You Couch to 5K app downloaded from the Google Play site. Before you start your run -

Select Run now
select the face emoji for how you’re feeling
It then says start your music now. Go to your Spotify or other music source and start it.
Finally press Go on the app and the coach will start talking to you, while the music level is reduced. Once the coach stops talking the music volume is increased again.

Hopefully this will help, but if not I’m out of ideas.

Edited at 08:43 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
It should be the One You Couch to 5K app downloaded from the Google Play site. Before you start your run -

Select Run now
select the face emoji for how you’re feeling
It then says start your music now. Go to your Spotify or other music source and start it.
Finally press Go on the app and the coach will start talking to you, while the music level is reduced. Once the coach stops talking the music volume is increased again.

Hopefully this will help, but if not I’m out of ideas.

Ahh, will download that one Hopefully I can get it to work and also skip through to where I am up to. Can hear the music at the gym but it's not always to my taste lol
Old 23 Sep 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

went to download the One You version and it said I already had it. I think it may have been user error by me. Will try tomorrow as skipped today due to having a tough PT session followed by 18 holes of golf yesterday.
Old 23 Sep 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Guys... I bought a treadmill. I don’t even know who I am anymore 😂 Least I can run in the warm and dry and not on dark streets now 👍
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MissRed
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Guys... I bought a treadmill. I don’t even know who I am anymore 😂 Least I can run in the warm and dry and not on dark streets now 👍
I wish I could do this! I'm already struggling with getting the motivation in the rubbish weather . It'll be even worse in the dark too...
I live in a 2-up-2-down, so a treadmill is a bit of a stretch for me
YC '08
AKL '18
MissRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I admit to being completely unfit. I tried this a couple of months ago with DH and couldn’t even finish Run 1 of Week 1 😳

Since then I’ve been doing one of the celebrity exercise videos every day, gradually doing one more section each week and Il today I completed my Week 1, Run 1. I know that’s nothing compared to everyone else, but I still cried cos I was proud of myself. Not telling any of my friends or family until I graduate so I wanted to share my mini triumph with someone!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List