Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Feb 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
hollypop
Very Serious Dibber

It'll slightly depend on free dining dates but 14 nights in the latter half of the year at either CS (ideally Gran Destino Tower) or CBR because it's the only moderate we've not stayed at yet. Don't think the budget will stretch to Deluxe, but going to price up anyway for Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club!
hollypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Geffers
Getting to know the DIBB

I'm in the planning/guessing stage. 1st trip, 2 adults, one 4 year old. Hoping for last week-ish in April/start of May 2021 for 14nights. Flights from Scotland, happy to go indirect. Hoping for onsite in a moderate resort, free qdsp and tickets for Disney only. No car. ANY chance I'm getting that for <6k or am I dreaming? If no free ddp will be off site in a villa/sc apartment - know that'll make it significantly cheaper but willing to push the boat out for on site (within reason)
Geffers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsmickey View Post
Sharp intake of breath, 2A and 1C. Hoping to do 4 nights RPR, with universal, then 10 nights at BC, with tickets and DDP, then 3 or 4 nights DCL. Hoping with flights to squeeze in for £10.5k 😱
This was our holiday last year and it cost us £13k.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

We got fed up of waiting and booked 7 nights Pop Century and 7 nights LBV Village and Spa with Virgin. I might regret it if/when Disney release free dine, but I just wanted to have something booked. This trip has been a long time in the planning already!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyDisney7
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ideally we’d go early November to see Disney at “Christmas” but unless they have a change of heart and go back to when dining used to be available that’s not going to happen.

We’re flexible on dates - based on 2020 date eligibility looking at either last couple weeks of September or first couple weeks of October (fitting it to include MK at 50 on 1st Oct). It’s all going to depend on free dining. If it runs out earlier, we’ll go earlier.

Loosely we’ll want Animal Kingdom Lodge, 14 nights with free dining. 5 adults and 1 Disney adult across 2 rooms. Budget TBC

No free dining?... Who knows!
LoopyDisney7 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyDisney7
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Geffers View Post
I'm in the planning/guessing stage. 1st trip, 2 adults, one 4 year old. Hoping for last week-ish in April/start of May 2021 for 14nights. Flights from Scotland, happy to go indirect. Hoping for onsite in a moderate resort, free qdsp and tickets for Disney only. No car. ANY chance I'm getting that for <6k or am I dreaming? If no free ddp will be off site in a villa/sc apartment - know that'll make it significantly cheaper but willing to push the boat out for on site (within reason)
If it helps, we did first 2 weeks of May 2019 (Friday flights) from Glasgow for £760 each. That was flying Virgin direct economy delight out and premium back. I think economy classic both ways was c£600 each.
LoopyDisney7 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Geffers
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by LoopyDisney7 View Post
If it helps, we did first 2 weeks of May 2019 (Friday flights) from Glasgow for £760 each. That was flying Virgin direct economy delight out and premium back. I think economy classic both ways was c£600 each.
That's not as expensive as I thought Virgin from Glasgow would be at all! We are nearer Edinburgh though so may end up going via Gatwick with BA or via New York. But if the prices aren't much different we will go direct, worth paying a wee bit more for less hassle
Geffers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyDisney7
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Geffers View Post
That's not as expensive as I thought Virgin from Glasgow would be at all! We are nearer Edinburgh though so may end up going via Gatwick with BA or via New York. But if the prices aren't much different we will go direct, worth paying a wee bit more for less hassle
Us too - but the convenience of direct with a taxi to Glasgow outweighed any cost saving for indirect last time.

If there was a significant saving to be made, we’ll go indirect next year though!
Old 24 Feb 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

We are aiming for 11 nights at Beach Club late Aug 21/early Sep with free ddp followed by 3 nights at HRH (already booked HRH). Would also consider dropping down to CSR in Tower as we really like the look of the rooms or AKL. However, the location of Beach Club is hard to beat and also my eldest Dd no longer wants to share a bed with dd2 so the 5th sleeper would come in handy at BC.

Budget wise, this is what we’re hoping for (2a2c - both kids will classed as adults):

Flights (PE -direct) 3600
11 nights Beach Club inc. free dining 4763
4x14 Day Disney Ultimate Tickets 1600
Cabana rental Volcano Bay 300
Parking Beach Club 220
3 Nights Hard Rock Hotel -Universal 775
Overnight stay at airport hotel 80
Car Hire 400
Universal photo pass 50
Park Tickets - Universal 1088
Parking - HRH 3 nights 66
Fuel 100
Car parking at airport 140
Spending Money 1500
ESTA 45

Total 14727

Would be great to get it in for £14k but I very much doubt it!
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mrs_O View Post
This was our holiday last year and it cost us £13k.
Ouch, really? I’ve been pricing up comparatives for 2020 and its coming in a little under that
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List