Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Apr 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyHaunt13
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I think the people on this forum are vastly overestimating how busy it will be next year.

Yes SOME people are rebooking from this year to next but a lot will cancel instead, not to mention that the job situation is uncertain for many... so people may rebook now but be forced to cancel in the future if their finances change.

A lot of people especially in the states will not be in a position to pay for luxuries like Disney holidays (and they make up a much larger % of the visitor’s to the parks) and those who can afford to visit some will not out of fear.
HappyHaunt13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Rosemck
Getting Excited

Mobile

It's hard to say 🤷 there will be those of us who cannot wait to get back to disney and alot of people I'd guess maybe families with very young children and anyone in the higher risk group might not go as a precaution if all this has not convincingly blown over. I also saw the analyst prediction and I think if CV is still lingering the 'not going' group might outweigh the 'going' group... But of course they cannot possibly say for sure just like they don't know when we'll be over CV ☹️
Rosemck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Katenbeth
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
This link suggests it could take 2 years

wdwnt/2020/04/analyst-cl...d-19-pandemic/
to me 18-24 months would be about right, people are losing their jobs in USA, benefits there are different to here and a lot will cancel rather than rebook. There are so many variable in play I don't think anyone can really say but I really cant see a bounce overnight on this.
To use one analysts view over any others is pointless. You/I could trawl the internet and get a range of 1 month to 5 years (again pointless) It’s how these guys make their money.
Old 10 Apr 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think anyone who predicts one way or the other is guessing based on personal opinion because not one of us have ever experienced this before. I’ve said this several times but there is no frame of reference for this. Until we have a vaccine/treatment and have the virus under control no one can have any idea what’s going to happen. For us I think there’s a good chance we’ll have to cancel our September trip. We’re now debating whether to rebook for next September when we had planned to go anyway or bring it forward to May (which is riskier). Hopefully we’ll know more by July when our balance is due.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
moocat17
I want to go now!

I rebooked my November 2020 trip in February due to personal reasons

moved to next November, however

i may totally cancel or move again to 2022/23

everything is to changeable to predict - its a guessing game
yes it may be busy, yes it may be quieter, yes it may be restricted wait and see
stay at home, save £ as you can

2014 - Renaissance at Sea world
2016 - Cabana Bay, Universal
2020 - was not to be at the Endless Summer, Universal
moocat17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Who on earth can answer that question.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

A lot of people are going to seriously be affected financially, think this may well affect bookings.

I certainly think a sizeable amount of people are going to think that they need more money for rainy days.

Certain businesses are going to be in a lot of bother, even if the staff are furloughed.

Shops still have to pay rent even though they are not operating for example, some businesses that were holding off Internet competitors may lose customers permanently as they grow used to the net.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 20, 05:57 AM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

The fallout from this crisis will last for years and life will never return to how it was just a few weeks ago including travel and holidays.
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Dans
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We have booked just in the last few days for October 21. Didn't realise it was 50th anniversary until after booking. My view is that there should be a vaccine by this point. Is it a risk booking... Yes. But we have cancelled a big cruise holiday this year as well as a skiing trip and my wife cancelled a trip taking her mum to Austria which has been in pipeline for 3 years!

We needed something to look forward to.

If there are still covid19 issues at that point next year will have to rebook I guess. Travel insurance isn't covering the virus but will find something nearer time that covers medical whilst there for covid 🤞🤞 again won't travel if we can't. I just had to get something booked I wanted it to look forward to.
Dans is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Dans View Post
We have booked just in the last few days for October 21. Didn't realise it was 50th anniversary until after booking. My view is that there should be a vaccine by this point. Is it a risk booking... Yes. But we have cancelled a big cruise holiday this year as well as a skiing trip and my wife cancelled a trip taking her mum to Austria which has been in pipeline for 3 years!

We needed something to look forward to.

If there are still covid19 issues at that point next year will have to rebook I guess. Travel insurance isn't covering the virus but will find something nearer time that covers medical whilst there for covid 🤞🤞 again won't travel if we can't. I just had to get something booked I wanted it to look forward to.
I think you’ll be safe next October. There will be a vaccine by then.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List