Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 18 Mar 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bashfulwhite
Getting Excited

Mobile Cancel wedding?

So we'd planned to marry at the end of June in Orlando, however now we don't know if we will be allowed to travel. I can't afford to loose what we've paid but what on earth do I do? I'll be devastated if I have to cancel
Bashfulwhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mintybadger
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

No advice but so sorry for you. What a sad stressful time.
mintybadger is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

[QUOTE=Bashfulwhite;14346785]So we'd planned to marry at the end of June in Orlando, however now we don't know if we will be allowed to travel. I can't afford to loose what we've paid but what on earth do I do? I'll be devastated if I have to cancel[/QUOTE

Could you postpone to a later date? I know not ideal but maybe that way you wouldn’t loose too much money.
My BIL is due to get married in May in this country and they are looking at maybe having to set another date. Hope it all works out, we got married in Florida back in 2013. Love to say that the car hire company married us!

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

So sorry to hear about your situation can you try & get it all moved or do you have insurance I know it’s sad but you can get married just a little later than planned 🤞
Good luck xx
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
So sorry to hear that 😢. Should be a happy time for you all hopefully they will let you re- schedule. Our daughter is due to get married in Greece in October all the excitement has gone for now.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

I fully understand your situation. Very stressful but you will have to make a decision soon. It’s very difficult but it May be out out of your control.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Either wait for them to cancel to get your money back, or look at postponing

We’ve had to postpone our UK wedding. Was the 7th May now is the 17th September. If we hadn’t of waited for the Venue to contact us about it, we would have lose our deposits (£4750!)
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydreamjo
First POST

We are having to rearrange our wedding from May this year to April 2021. Our venue are refusing to allow us to rearrange for next year, only this year. If we want to move to next year they have asked us to pay our deposit again. Absolutely heart broken. We can't risk it as people in our wedding party sit in the at risk category so this year would be too risky in our view and we want to put their health first. I understand they are a business and have suppliers and employees to pay but I am sad they won't allow us to move. We have offered to pay an uplift to cover price increases so I am hoping they accept and let us know a figure.
Disneydreamjo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneydreamjo View Post
We are having to rearrange our wedding from May this year to April 2021. Our venue are refusing to allow us to rearrange for next year, only this year. If we want to move to next year they have asked us to pay our deposit again. Absolutely heart broken. We can't risk it as people in our wedding party sit in the at risk category so this year would be too risky in our view and we want to put their health first. I understand they are a business and have suppliers and employees to pay but I am sad they won't allow us to move. We have offered to pay an uplift to cover price increases so I am hoping they accept and let us know a figure.
Ours we’re doing the same.

So we took the latest date possible which was September and then I’ve got them to confirm that if this carry’s on then it would be moved again.

It’s all such a mess 😞
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Morganza
slightly serious Dibber

I had to cancel my wedding back in 2013. Obviously different reasons - my sister in law had pregnancy complications and couldn't fly.

The only cost we had to pay was to BA for rearranging the flights. We had 9 people flying over and a villa booked. Travel insurance covered all of that. Wedding was to be at Paradise Cove for 36 guests. We managed to reschedule everything at no additional cost.

With the current uncertainty, I'd postpone as far into the future as possible. It's so sad, it should be such a happy time for the whole family but the disappointment must be crushing.
Morganza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List