Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jun 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post
This is where the value side of things is a myth.

We had it once, who really has a table meal, a quick service meal and two snacks per day for a fortnight.

I remember so many threads here about converting leftover credits into snacks to take home.

If you do this, then you have paid full rack rate for your room and then taken the lowest cost option for Disney.
Everyone has their own way of doing things, it's not just your way. I use all my credits easily as I use my snack credits for fresh fruit and cold drinks. So I have two meals a day and no food type snacks. Plus I don't go for as long as a fortnight. 10-12 nights is what I do.

Edited at 10:41 AM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Everyone has their own way of doing things, it's not just your way. I use all my credits easily as I use my snack credits for fresh fruit and cold drinks. So I have two meals a day and no food type snacks. Plus I don't go for as long as a fortnight. 10-12 nights is what I do.
Not sure why you are always on my case. Clearly I know it's not just my way? Not sure where I posted it was only my way?

People used to convert any meals not taken into snacks to take home as gifts. Nothing whatsoever to do with using snacks up easily.

Edited at 11:00 AM.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

We love the DDP and will miss it if it goes paid or otherwise. We went for three weeks last time and ate at four signatures,you could also have $6 snacks which i thought was excellent value. We never bought water or fruit with the snack credit, we ordered that from Garden Grocer at the start. When we got home we added up our bills and it more than made financial sense plus if we wanted lobster or filet we ordered it and never once thought about the cost. At home we would never do that, id probably go for the cheaper end of the menu.
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

I am another one that would vote 100% for the DDP for us it takes the pressure off as we know where we stand and I dont look at prices on the menu
Old 15 Jun 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We love the Deluxe DDP as it allows us to share between two rooms. We always dine together and all you need to get snacks if your are not together is an extra magic band. 😍😍😍
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
LJC
New Poster (2)

Definitely a vote for the DDP! My partner loves having the DDP so he can splash out on fancy steaks and meals he wouldn't usually get if he looked at the price!
LJC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Another huge DDP fan here - absolutely love it. We use most of the table service credits at Signature restaurants; the snacks are great to fill up on days when we just have a quick service meal.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Littlelufs32
Excited about Disney

Mobile

What are peoples opinions on the dining plans returning next year?
Paid or free.
We paid for ours and moved it over to our booking for next year.
I rang Disney this morning and they couldn't tell me if it will be back for next year.
Littlelufs32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post
This is where the value side of things is a myth.
There are plenty of websites, where people spend a bit more time and effort analysing these things, which state that for many people the DDP is not really good value and they would be better paying OOP. However, they also state that for some people the DDP can be good value.

AllEars sits on the fence a bit and says, "Our answer — it depends" regarding the question as to whether buying the dining plan is worth it.

allears/2019/07/01/is-th...n-the-numbers/

TouringPlans goes a bit further and does a proper breakdown of the costs:

touringplans/blog/2019/0...dition-part-1/

From the above, they conclude that the QSDP and Standard DDP are not good value on average. Whereas the Deluxe DDP is good value on average.

As they say on that page:
"don’t compare the cost of the Dining Plan to the cost of what you COULD get, compare the cost of the plan to what you WOULD get".

If you would use up all the credits and choose the more expensive options on the menu then the DDP probably will be good value. For the rest of us who would normally not eat as much or would usually choose the less expensive items, it's probably not good value. I'm in the latter camp.

Obviously, if you get the DDP for free then it's totally worth it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:33 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lozzi
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Littlelufs32 View Post
What are peoples opinions on the dining plans returning next year?
Paid or free.
We paid for ours and moved it over to our booking for next year.
I rang Disney this morning and they couldn't tell me if it will be back for next year.
Can't answer your question however imo Disney would say nothing else than they don't know. If at this time they say it is being offered then they would leave themselves open to the question of why is it and not now then having removed everyone's for this year.
Lozzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List