Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 29 Jun 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
keely21
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian
 
keely21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 14
Mobile How to get to the parks

I will be staying on international drive and have no idea how I would get to any of the Disney parks and water parks from there. Is there a bus you can catch from the I drive direct to these parks or how does this disney transportation system I've heard of work? Are there buses from there that take you to every park? Thank you
__________________
Keely
keely21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
GMickeyB
VIP Dibber
 
GMickeyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 06
Disney Transport only operates on Disney property.
On I Drive there is the Lynx Bus or Uber and Lyft, or normal taxis, and sometimes hotels on IDrive lay on their own buses normally at a cost
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber
 
Dr.JumbaJookiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 07
Quick google suggest you catch the Lynx 50 bus from Sea Harbour Drive near Seaworld which stops at Disney Springs and then at the Disney Transportation and Ticket centre where Disney's own buses/monorail/boats etc will take you to the parks.

golynx/plan-trip/rou...entry_id=5557#
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
Floridadreams
Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 19
Mobile

We used Uber/Lyft for everything! If you have the app on your phone and use google maps to plot your route you will see a little icon of a person hailing a cab. Click on that and itíll give an estimate. I used this to budget for transport costs.
There are tips and tricks on here about where to go to to avoid the transportation centre as it gets packed. We used to get the monorail at park close to Contemporary (much smaller queue for resort monorail than Ticket and Transportation centre) then get Uber from there for example
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
#5
2point
Elite Premium VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Aug 04
Originally Posted by keely21 View Post
I will be staying on international drive and have no idea how I would get to any of the Disney parks and water parks from there. Is there a bus you can catch from the I drive direct to these parks or how does this disney transportation system I've heard of work? Are there buses from there that take you to every park? Thank you
If you are just visiting Disney or mostly Disney it might be worth you moving your booking to Lake Buena Vista area - Uber from there to the parks is $6 or $7.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
#6
chmurf
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Dec 12
Staying on Idrive without a car means hours and hours of transportation at the end of your stay

you could catch a bus to disney springs or TTC (Magic Kingdom) ... just note it runs every 30 minutes at best, and once every hour the rest of the time.
you will be dropped off at a stop where it will require between 20 and 40 minutes to get to a park (wait time and drive time) and that's on top of the ride on the public transportation bus (lynx)

same on the way back

so basically you can forget about early park arrivals, and about nightly show

definitely get uber, or rent a car which is the way to go when you stay on idrive

hotel shuttles are sometimes provided on idrive. They are a pain. They often only run a couple of times a day, require reservation each day, and will drop you off at a location requiring you to transfer onto disney buses, effectively kissing nightly shows goodbye
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
keely21
Thread Starter
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian
 
keely21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 14
Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
Staying on Idrive without a car means hours and hours of transportation at the end of your stay

you could catch a bus to disney springs or TTC (Magic Kingdom) ... just note it runs every 30 minutes at best, and once every hour the rest of the time.
you will be dropped off at a stop where it will require between 20 and 40 minutes to get to a park (wait time and drive time) and that's on top of the ride on the public transportation bus (lynx)

same on the way back

so basically you can forget about early park arrivals, and about nightly show

definitely get uber, or rent a car which is the way to go when you stay on idrive

hotel shuttles are sometimes provided on idrive. They are a pain. They often only run a couple of times a day, require reservation each day, and will drop you off at a location requiring you to transfer onto disney buses, effectively kissing nightly shows goodbye
Unfortunately theres not much I can do about that. I couldnt afford to stay at disney and in all honesty preferred the option of staying on I drive. I'm not too fussed about the fireworks and am happy to just leave the hotel early and do some planning with bus times etc. With all the walking we will be doing the bus rides will probably be a nice rest for my children. We may get an uber every now and then depending on the prices too.
__________________
Keely
keely21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
chmurf
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Dec 12
Originally Posted by keely21 View Post
With all the walking we will be doing the bus rides will probably be a nice rest for my children.
waiting forever for buses, standing up, without any shade at Lynx stops, that are often very close to the passing cars
Standing up on the bus most of the time ... (and pushchair folded if they still use one)

I'm sure you will make the best of it. It's just not my view of a nice rest after a long day at the parks.

but, well, I understand priorities
just consider uber. A lynx ticket will come at $2 each way per person. depending on how many in your party, getting a uber will be hundreds of times more comfortable, fast, and not necessarily a budget breaker.

just think about it.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
keely21
Thread Starter
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian
 
keely21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 14
Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
waiting forever for buses, standing up, without any shade at Lynx stops, that are often very close to the passing cars
Standing up on the bus most of the time ... (and pushchair folded if they still use one)

I'm sure you will make the best of it. It's just not my view of a nice rest after a long day at the parks.

but, well, I understand priorities
just consider uber. A lynx ticket will come at $2 each way per person. depending on how many in your party, getting a uber will be hundreds of times more comfortable, fast, and not necessarily a budget breaker.

just think about it.
Thanks for your concern. Unfortunately everyone has different budgets. Some higher than others! Obviously if I can afford an uber that will definitely be the plan but I guess we will have to wait and see. I'm sure we will have an amazing holiday regardless.
__________________
Keely
keely21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
chmurf
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Dec 12
Originally Posted by keely21 View Post
I'm sure we will have an amazing holiday regardless.
I'm sure you will.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in 50th Anniversary
On 22nd June 4:45pm
Beginning Oct. 1, “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” honors the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney... Read More »
Posted in Disneyland Paris News
On 17th June 11:31am
Guests can once again enjoy the outstanding experiences we are known for, from iconic attractions... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 9th June 8:20am
SeaWorld’s first separate-ticketed, nighttime Halloween event, Howl-O-Scream, premieres this fall joining the daytime Halloween Spooktacular... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3669
CaxtonFX  $1.3549
Covent Garden FX  $1.3701
FAIRFX  $1.3657
John Lewis  $1.3633
M&S  $1.3445
Post Office  $1.3425
Sainsburys  $1.3634
TESCO  $1.3651
Travelex  $1.3601
Updated: 23:30 01/08/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1498
CaxtonFX  €1.1418
Covent Garden FX  €1.1555
FAIRFX  €1.1474
John Lewis  €1.1492
M&S  €1.1327
Post Office  €1.1304
Sainsburys  €1.1469
TESCO  €1.1490
Travelex  €1.1441
Updated: 23:30 01/08/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X