Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 4 Jul 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
EwoodCSI
Getting Excited

Great Service: Shout out to Universal Orlando!

We just wanted to share our experience of exceptional customer service!

24462-centered JPEG
Hello Caroline,

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando Resort.

I am saddened to learn that you will not be able to visit this year as planned due to current travel restrictions. Upon review of your two (2) 2-Park Preferred Annual Passes, I was able to confirm that your new expiration date is October 25, 2020. However, I definitely understand that this extension will not be beneficial due to your individual circumstances.

As a one-time exception, I would be happy to expire out your existing Annual Passes and arrange two (2) new 2-Park Preferred Annual Passes that would be valid for your remaining four (4) months beginning the date of activation. This offer will never expire, and may be redeemed whenever you are able to return to our parks

Caroline & Dave
EwoodCSI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Just had ours through and this is the reply we Got

I would be happy to cancel your current passes and arrange for you to receive two (2) 2-Park Preferred Annual Passes, valid for six (6) months from the day you pick them up. This would provide you the same type of pass for the number of months since our reopening and your expiration date.

Really pleased with that reply, well done universal

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well done Universal, true customer service 👍😄
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Universal has handled the Covid situation better than Disney I’m sorry to say. Disney haven’t been bad, it is just Universal have been much better.
Old 4 Jul 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

That's a good outcome 👍
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We got this but only 3 months. I wonder if it’s because they replied 3 months before our passes were due to expire? That would explain some of the inconsistencies in Universals response.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
We got this but only 3 months. I wonder if it’s because they replied 3 months before our passes were due to expire? That would explain some of the inconsistencies in Universals response.
most of the differences I've seen over the various threads (and different forums) mostly came from the activation date of the AP, and how many times the guest had been able to use them

for example, in my case, our APs were renewed online in january/february and we would not have the chance to use them before expiration.
They gave us a 1 year AP to activate whenever we returned (no time limit) as that AP never was used once (since renewal)

the reason I say it's based on the usage that's been made, is because they first made a mistake, and told us that, since we had used our AP for one month, they would give us an 11 month "AP" when we returned. Turns out they were wrong and we never used it, so they changed to 12 months (full validity)

some other posters had upgraded their APs from tickets, and were given credits for durations like 30 days whenever they returned.
some were given credit for the amount of months that were left on their APs (+ the amount of time the parks were closed)

so, basically, they seem to offer based on how much you have used your AP before the parks closed. The more you have visited under your AP, the lower the offer. Some even got as low as a 3 to 5 days tickets for their next visit.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
most of the differences I've seen over the various threads (and different forums) mostly came from the activation date of the AP, and how many times the guest had been able to use them

for example, in my case, our APs were renewed online in january/february and we would not have the chance to use them before expiration.
They gave us a 1 year AP to activate whenever we returned (no time limit) as that AP never was used once (since renewal)

the reason I say it's based on the usage that's been made, is because they first made a mistake, and told us that, since we had used our AP for one month, they would give us an 11 month "AP" when we returned. Turns out they were wrong and we never used it, so they changed to 12 months (full validity)

some other posters had upgraded their APs from tickets, and were given credits for durations like 30 days whenever they returned.
some were given credit for the amount of months that were left on their APs (+ the amount of time the parks were closed)

so, basically, they seem to offer based on how much you have used your AP before the parks closed. The more you have visited under your AP, the lower the offer. Some even got as low as a 3 to 5 days tickets for their next visit.
That’s interesting, we haven’t used our seasonal passes which we bought on our last day in October last year. When I email I hope they do a similar deal to what you are suggesting as that would be fab. We haven’t done it yet because we don’t know if it’ll be July or August when we (hopefully) get to visit because if it’s July we will probably need to upgrade them because of blackout dates? We are waiting to see what happens with exam dates next year.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Susanjane
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
That’s interesting, we haven’t used our seasonal passes which we bought on our last day in October last year. When I email I hope they do a similar deal to what you are suggesting as that would be fab. We haven’t done it yet because we don’t know if it’ll be July or August when we (hopefully) get to visit because if it’s July we will probably need to upgrade them because of blackout dates? We are waiting to see what happens with exam dates next year.

Kat
We renewed our seasonal passes last November when we there. After having our holiday in April cancelled we emailed them and asked if there was anything they could do, so we didn't waste them.

They originally offered us 5 day passes to use whenever we next went but after seeing people here getting their full passes renewed, we asked them if we could have annual passes that started the next time we're able to go.

As we hadn't started our passes they agreed to us having them start when we next go.

I would contact them and ask, especially about the blackout dates, they are very helpful.
Orlando 1997, Necker Island 1997, Orlando 2002 & 2004, Fort Lauderdale 2006, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando 2007, Orlando 2009, California and San Francisco 2012, Orlando 2013, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale 2015, New York 2016, Orlando 2016, Orlando 2017, Orlando and New York 2018, Orlando 2018 (again), Orlando 2019 x 2
Susanjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post

We had used them 2 days but had 3 months left before expiry when we contacted Universal.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List