Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jul 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Thank you for starting what turned out to be the best thread on the Dibb. I'm waiting for my September flights to be cancelled. As well as Universal I should also be going to the Polynesian for 5 nights (complimentary following problems I had at Beach Club last year). I was told those 5 nights have no expiry date so I'm looking at rescheduling the whole trip to late April/early May next year. I have a new Universal Annual Pass to use 😀 So this September will be Spain, trying to decide between PortAventura and Fuengirola.
We’ve definitely been on a journey haven’t we. PortAventura looks great! Might have to add it to my list of options...
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Regrettably I am out of the group.

I Cancelled my West Coast vacation commencing on 19 August this morning after hearing that they are already extending quarantine periods in the States. With 40 days to go, it was the straw that broke the Camels back.

This is a positive thread and therefore I must add a positive. My flight is still available and in my t’s and c’s it only offered deferral of flights to 31 December 2021. When I phoned American Airlines, the guy said he could improve on that because my direct flight London-Phoenix had been changed to an indirect via Chicago. He gave me a full refund and it will be in my bank within 7 days... perhaps another airline could learn from this!

As for those still with their hat in the ring, Good luck to you all and I sincerely hope that your Vacations go ahead.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:42 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Regrettably I am out of the group.

I Cancelled my West Coast vacation commencing on 19 August this morning after hearing that they are already extending quarantine periods in the States. With 40 days to go, it was the straw that broke the Camels back.

This is a positive thread and therefore I must add a positive. My flight is still available and in my t’s and c’s it only offered deferral of flights to 31 December 2021. When I phoned American Airlines, the guy said he could improve on that because my direct flight London-Phoenix had been changed to an indirect via Chicago. He gave me a full refund and it will be in my bank within 7 days... perhaps another airline could learn from this!

As for those still with their hat in the ring, Good luck to you all and I sincerely hope that your Vacations go ahead.
Sorry to hear that and I hope you plan another adventure soon! We had the same positive service from United. I wasn’t expecting them to offer a full refund without us pushing.

A Californian adventure is on our bucket list. We did one pre-kids but would love do return. 😊
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
So... I started this thread to give positivity to myself and others determined to make our Disney holiday happen this August. Today is a sad day as due to the state of things in Florida and extended state of emergency (our flights are via New York), we felt we had no other option but to cancel Disney. Disney have given us great customer service and refunded us in full! Our flights are still going on 12th August but United say they’ll refund us 30 days before travel if FCO still advise against travel to the US 🤞

So not sure what to do now. Hopefully we can still get away somewhere in Europe for a week in August and then planning 5 nights at Disneyland Paris this Christmas.

Hoping we’ll get back to our happy place in 2022! ☀️

For those of you still going I truly hope it happens and look forward to hearing some positive news and seeing your trip reports ❤️
I am/was due to fly the day after you and am pleased that United have agreed to refund 30 days before travel and so I will give it another shot ( the agent that I spoke to didn’t tell me this!) as would much prefer a refund to a voucher.

Like yourself I’m now hoping for a week somewhere in August as the annual leave is booked, I am holding out until the last minute I think.

I’ve enjoyed reading this thread so thanks for creating it.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I just wanted to add my thanks to Helga and to everyone that joined the positivity train - I was so thankful of the (usually) safe haven.

Don’t know what came over my OH yesterday, he suddenly (after we bought me a new PC for video editing) announced we could get to DLP for 4 nights in August for just over £1k! Then he booked the Eurotunnel within the hour!

Not sure if I should be worried about this erratic behaviour?! 🤔

I’ll worry about that in September... 😂
Old 9 Jul 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

So sad to see everyone having to bow out of this thread. Thank you Helga et al for creating this little oasis of faith, trust and pixie dust in the middle of all this calamity.

At the moment my flights are still going but I’m fully expecting that to change within the next couple of weeks or so.

Onto bigger and better trips in the years to come 🥂
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pretty_lucky View Post
Don’t know what came over my OH yesterday, he suddenly (after we bought me a new PC for video editing) announced we could get to DLP for 4 nights in August for just over £1k! Then he booked the Eurotunnel within the hour!

make sure you get familiar with the park reservation system, as you'll need to secure your spot inside the parks beforehand. Attendance will be limited, especially if your tickets are open dated.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pretty_lucky View Post
I just wanted to add my thanks to Helga and to everyone that joined the positivity train - I was so thankful of the (usually) safe haven.

Not sure if I should be worried about this erratic behaviour?! 🤔

I’ll worry about that in September... 😂
I've been looking at booking the Newport Bay at DLP for Christmas but it's very pricey compared with WDW. I may look at the August prices as like you I have annual leave booked so open to all the options!
Old 9 Jul 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
make sure you get familiar with the park reservation system, as you'll need to secure your spot inside the parks beforehand. Attendance will be limited, especially if your tickets are open dated.
DLP is very daunting as it's like starting from scratch and walk into the unknown...
Old 9 Jul 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

@Firstimer2017

Thanks so much for starting this thread and for keeping us positive throughout all of this, out of everyone on here I really hoped that you would have got your trip and that I would have been sat looking with envy at your trip report

Lets hope we are all chatting about our visits in the not too distant future

Is anyone still due to go in August now?