Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jul 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

I see no benefit in booking now

another poster said the prices could go up, well, I'd say that, between the risk of losing the deposit, and the risk of prices going up, it's a gamble either way
and prices could also go down, no cristal ball is accurate enough at this time.

since there are no offer (e.g. dining) I'd say that the only benefit of booking now for august '21 is just having something to look forward to.

As far as I'm concerned, with all the restrictions, closed businesses and everything that will come in the aftermath of the pandemic, 2021 is also a write off for me.

so I wouldn't book now. I would keep an open mind and an open eye for potential offers and price.

I really think (just my opinion) that 2021 will be a "last minute booking" kinda year
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

If there are issues still in August '21 - there will be more than Disney holidays to be worrying about.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t understand why people think flight prices will go up. Yes they could, but it’s equally possible that airlines are going to want to attract bums back on seats and restore confidence. What they’ll not want to do is price people out or make people think twice.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post
If there are issues still in August '21 - there will be more than Disney holidays to be worrying about.
Best brace yourself then as I highly doubt this will be done and dusted in 12 months time.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle73
a Friend of the DIBB

We had to cancel our August WDW holiday ( should have been setting off in 15 days) we could have had a refund but chose to rebook for August 2021. During these unprecedented times it’s nice to have a Disney world holiday booked and something nice to look forward to, better times are bound to come 😊 366 days till animal kingdom lodge.

Edited at 06:55 PM. Reason: Typo
Belle73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jagnew
Gone all Goofy

I’m also ready to book for next July, the reason being I can get flights and care hire for 4 even cheaper than this years cancelled booking. I can save a further £1000 by flying Glasgow to Gatwick To Orlando rather than Glasgow direct, that saving would pay for park tickets. Decisions, decisions 🤔
Jagnew is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by junpit View Post
I'm not bothered about the deposit. I largely expect next August to be ok.
I agree, that’s what I meant the loss of deposit doesn’t bother me too much.

It’s the booking while the FCO advisory in place and the travel insurance not covering your trip for anything not just cancellation that has me holding on.
Old 29 Jul 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
if you're ok with losing the deposit and feel positive about next August then I guess book if you get a price you're happy with? Personally I won't be booking until things settle down, whenever that is. I get that people are saying if things aren't sorted by xyz date then we have bigger things to worry about but unfortunately I think this situation will go on for as long as it needs to.

Edited at 08:12 AM.
LizzyBear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

We have already booked a fly drive for August next year with a combination of air miles and cash as it worked out cheaper and easier to do this than move our Christmas booking which I will deal with when the time comes. The price came in at an acceptable level as only a few fly drives get released early on. I’ve not looked at the insurance as the holiday was booked 14 months out and as we only have annual policies with our bank so things could have changed by the time the balance is due - if things look dodgy I’ll just loose the £350 but at least it gives us something to look forward to.
Old 29 Jul 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
junpit
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It's clear most of you agree with me. I'm.not booking yet. I'll wait it out and hope prices drop. It'll be next year before 3rd parties like Expedia get access to Disney resorts.

I have the money ready.

Flights will be most nteresting. October is typically release for August when it's cheapest and we will still have an FCO embargo in force.
Saratoga Springs (2013)Marriott Courtyard - LBV (2011)
Clarion Inn - LBV (2009)Quality Inn Plaza x 4 (2002 - 2007)
Best Western Plaza (2000)
junpit is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List