Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Jul 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Planning for 2022
open minded for a cheeky last minute 2021 if conditions feel ok

not booking anything yet. It's a wait and see situation.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have transferred package from November 20 to April 21. Fingers crossed will be going. However, if things have not changed much (even if we are allowed in) I will not be going, for me a holidays in Disney and shops etc with a mask on all the time is just not comfortable.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Our August school holiday trip was cancelled so we are booking for August 2021. We are just waiting for the flights to be released.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

I want to go but not way am I booking to go after all the angst to get monies refunded form several holidays that I have had cancelled this year. I will think about it for 2022, 2021 will be a UK staycation for me, already booked lake district and devon trips for next year-lodges with hot tubs
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Hopefully a couple of US trips in 2021. Maybe three. But wont be booking until near last minute. I just dont think anyone knows what state the world will be in then. Hopefully a much better place with vaccines and treatments.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

I have a deposit with Disney for June 2021, not happy with price but will wait til nearer the time to see if any offers or move to a different hotel. Also last week put down a deposit on direct flights with Aer lingus. They are the only direct flights available from Ireland and I am not interested in a stop over in any us cities at the moment! I have booked with a travel agent rather than direct with the airline and apparently even the deposit is refundable but even if all goes wrong I am happier with potential loss of that amount than the total flight cost
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dad Vader
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We’re going in Sept 21 until 4th Oct.

Can’t wait, we were going to Spain this year but cancelled in March and decided to push the boat out and upgrade for Disney next year.

Bring it on !
Dad Vader is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

We are just waiting for flights to be released, hoping to go in July 2021
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosey203
Excited about Disney

We booked for September 2021 before all this began are are very much hoping to go. No Disney planned this time and I'm happy enough with all the changes to Universal etc so hopefully we get to go.
Rosey203 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Frange
Proud to wear my Ears

Booked for June/July 2021 and up to a few weeks ago I was very confident things would be ok by that point. However, I just don’t see things changing until a vaccine is developed and administered which is very very uncertain.
Today’s news of second waves & new clusters/lockdowns just tells me that this virus is here for the long haul.
America is still in the grip of its first wave, if they manage to get that under control a second wave in the future looks very likely and as they seem to be way behind us, who knows when that will be.
This leads me to think that measures such as face masks, social distancing etc will be here for a much longer time. Probably well into 2021 even if a vaccine is found.
For me, a trip to Florida just won’t be worth it with these measures in place along with all the reduced experiences.
I’m now thinking I’m going to cancel and wait to see what happens.
If things improve by 2021 I’ll rebook, if not I’ll wait until things do get better, however long that may be.
Windsor At Westside July 2017
Grand Floridian/ Windsor Hills 2024
Frange is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List