Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Aug 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Like I said in another topic, There is very little chance (none actually) for Trump to lift travel bans before election day. (november)

In the best case scenario, I don't think borders will reopen to us until early 2021
Biggest hope of "early" repoening is if trump is beaten, but let's not go into politicis. And in any event, it won't happen until december, and I doubt the US will reopen for the Holiday rush
so, as far as I"m concerned, I'd say that Spring 2021 sounds more likely.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
denthefrog
Excited about Disney

We are in the same boat OP, return flight cancelled, moved from POFQ to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort. Ready to go if allowed but not hopeful.
Old 4 Aug 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by deeez10 View Post
Dec, really? 😕 Sorry to hear - we’re still hopeful for 28th Dec departure
That’s the date we were due to go! Got my fingers crossed it is all good for you by then. I decided that for me personally I would be better cancelling and trying again next year due to the uncertainty. I think I enjoy the build up as much as the holiday so didn’t want to be checking everyday to see if there would be fireworks running for our stay 😂
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
Like I said in another topic, There is very little chance (none actually) for Trump to lift travel bans before election day. (november)

In the best case scenario, I don't think borders will reopen to us until early 2021
Biggest hope of "early" repoening is if trump is beaten, but let's not go into politicis. And in any event, it won't happen until december, and I doubt the US will reopen for the Holiday rush
so, as far as I"m concerned, I'd say that Spring 2021 sounds more likely.
OP has asked if anyone still hopeful on going in September. I can't see anywhere in topic asking if trump will open borders or did I miss that part?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

I finally gave up 2 weeks ago I’d love to still go but can’t see it happening for September we were due to fly on the 12th
Old 4 Aug 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
Hi

I cannot see how anyone can go yet until the Government have lifted the restrictions for travel and the US have lifted the restrictions for allowing foreign travellers in. It would be very risky travelling as your insurance will not cover you for anything let alone COVID related illness.
I can't see it being lifted either but you just never know! I'm lucky and my insurance covers Coronavirus so long as the FCO advise lifts (we bought insurance in October last year so we're covered)

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jaff View Post
OP has asked if anyone still hopeful on going in September. I can't see anywhere in topic asking if trump will open borders or did I miss that part?
As long as the borders need to be reopened before any of us can hope returning to the US, adressing the border issue is integral to the question

OP asked if anyone is hopeful the tea will be ready for their cuppa at 4o'clock, I think pointing out that the kettle is not plugged in may be of some help ...
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by denthefrog View Post
We are in the same boat OP, return flight cancelled, moved from POFQ to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort. Ready to go if allowed but not hopeful.
We're lucky that neither of our flights have been cancelled so we're still in the running so far! We're happy and ready to go if we're allowed too! We've got parks booked & dining booked so I'm all prepared. Balance is due next Thursday for Disney and Discovery Cove balance is due next Wednesday, with 6 weeks to go I do honestly think it could go either way

meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
As long as the borders need to be reopened before any of us can hope returning to the US, addressing the border issue is integral to the question

OP asked if anyone is hopeful the tea will be ready for their cuppa at 4o'clock, I think pointing out that the kettle is not plugged in may be of some help ...
Thats all things I already know about but thank you! I've already stated that "If I'm allowed in I'll happily go". I know there are a lot more moving parts to this then just my flights going ahead, FCO has to lift & Trump needs to reverse his ban, but I also don't want to keep being reminded of that! We have all been in lockdown so long and all the news is negative its just nice to think and talk about some positivity even if its just a holiday! Thats my view point on it anyway

Old 4 Aug 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post

As long as the borders need to be reopened before any of us can hope returning to the US, adressing the border issue is integral to the question

Replying to your previous comment. Your comment is merely your thoughts and is not solid proof. We can all say this and that but end of day its down to the big fella to decide.

Some of us can still live in hope
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List