Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Aug 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Troyston
Trying for More Ears

Hi. Haven't been on here for ages. This time last year we were at MK and have such amazing memories. This whole COVID thing has been a real downer as we had planned to go in Aug 2021 but shelved those plans back in April. Last week we thought let's do it anyway, so instead we have booked 10 nights at Universal in June staying at Cabana Bay. Stayed there last year and loved it. Only paid £15 deposit with balance next May. We've booked direct flights with BA and have paid in full with the book with confidence. Worst case scenario is we still can't go and can defer to another time. The way I look at it is we are going back at some point so may as well pay now even if it's takes 2 years to actually get there!
Troyston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MamaG
Getting Excited

We've booked July 2021 with BA. used out voucher from the years cancelled trip so didn't pay any extra. Also have a December trip booked. I know it probably won't go ahead but I'm confident BA will pay up quickly. Im happy to give you the email of the BA agent I use, she's been super helpful all the way through, I've emailed and she's rang me straight back every time so no waiting on the phone.
1993 Park Inn International, 1997 Villa 1998 Indian Ridge Oaks. 2015 Windsor Hills, 2016 Disney's Old Key West, Hard Rock Hotel. 2018 Hard Rock Hotel, Disney's Old Key West. July 2020 -December 2020 - July 2021 Cancelled by Covid! Feb 2022 Rosen Inn July 2022 Hard Rock Hotel, Cabana Bay, Disney Dolphin, Emerald Island
MamaG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

I’ve just booked yay!
BA 13/7 - 29/7 4 adults direct flights and 15 nights accommodation Rosen inn international (I will book another room for the teens through travel republic) total cost £2752
£350 deposit paid today. I’m happy with that, feel I have peace of mind to change flight if needed, get a voucher until April 2022 or worst case scenario lose £350 which I could live with. Hopefully for everybody holidays will be up and running for the most part by next Summer. Thanks for the advice everyone 😊
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
OP

Hope you don't mind if I sneak in a question 😉

If we were to book with ba and then unable to travel if epidemic/pandemic etc takes tighter hold

Are we able to rearrange to April 2022 or 2021..
It doesn't take much but I'm confused 😋
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Florida1972 View Post
I’ve just booked yay!
BA 13/7 - 29/7 4 adults direct flights and 15 nights accommodation Rosen inn international (I will book another room for the teens through travel republic) total cost £2752
£350 deposit paid today. I’m happy with that, feel I have peace of mind to change flight if needed, get a voucher until April 2022 or worst case scenario lose £350 which I could live with. Hopefully for everybody holidays will be up and running for the most part by next Summer. Thanks for the advice everyone 😊
We posted more or less at the same time.

So it's definitely til end April 2022?
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

Yes if you cancel you get a voucher for travel up until 30th April 2022 👍
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve booked Antigua for feb half term with this
anna68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sorry to jump on thread, I am waiting for our flights for Aug 21 to be released, but am concerned that the booking with confidence deal only runs to April 22, we can only travel August. Also if we book now is it right that travel insurance wont cover us as FCO advice not to travel ? We have insurance with Halifax ? Thanks
Old 22 Aug 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
Sorry to jump on thread, I am waiting for our flights for Aug 21 to be released, but am concerned that the booking with confidence deal only runs to April 22, we can only travel August. Also if we book now is it right that travel insurance wont cover us as FCO advice not to travel ? We have insurance with Halifax ? Thanks
We have insurance with Barclays and if we book now I believe they don’t cover for Covid related cancellation even if FCO restriction is lifted. I’m considering looking in to a quote with a separate insurance company.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

Im no expert but I believe most insurances won’t cover for Covid related cancellations if FCO advice is to not travel to that particular country (this is why having something like the BA book with confidence promise or just paying a deposit is a good idea). However I think you should be able to find an insurance company that will cover medical related Covid Claims.