Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Sep 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Toolman
Apprentice Imagineer

I truly feel your pain Louise. My brother died in his sleep at the age of 50. There were no signs that he was ill at all. It took ages for the post mortem results as they couldn't find any reason for his death. They put it down to cardiac arrest in the end. When someone dies so suddenly it is truly horrific, we as a family were in complete shock, it was like a living nightmare. 5 years on and we all still struggle at times but we are closer and stronger and we comfort ourselves with the fact that he would have known very little about it. My brother was never Ill and would not have coped with a long term illness. Find strength in eachother and take it one day at a time xxx
Mrs Toolman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
Knowing I have lots of support on here if I ever need to cry or moan is so helpful.
Thank you all

Mum adopted a 6 month old shih poo on Thursday. Dad never would have let her have a dog. And I'm so glad she's got one, I don't feel so guilty about her being alone in the house anymore.
I really feel for you all so much. I hope you are doing okay ❤

This picture warmed my heart though.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

I'm sorry to hear of your sudden loss Louise. I lost my dad last year too, he went to work and didn't come home so understand a little of what you are going through particularly with the shock, temporary death certificate and delayed funeral. It's all so traumatic without the complications of a pandemic.

It sounds like you are doing amazingly well so far. Please take time for yourself as well as looking after everyone else.

Tuesday will be hard but I found it really helped, as up until then I was dreading it.

I've not read all the posts/replies as it's upsetting reading what you/others are going through. Have you thought about Tuesday? Is James going with you? My two kids (12 and 10 at the time) did. It was their choice for each separate part. DS fainted in church. Think he was too warm and overwhelmed as they were best buddies. DD was fine.

Please keep posting on here as talking, venting or just sharing really does help. Happy to listen if you want to DM. I even think we're local to each other if you need the support of a stranger x

Edited at 06:01 PM.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

I’m so sorry you have lost your Dad, so young too.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
I'm sorry to hear of your sudden loss Louise. I lost my dad last year too, he went to work and didn't come home so understand a little of what you are going through particularly with the shock, temporary death certificate and delayed funeral. It's all so traumatic without the complications of a pandemic.

It sounds like you are doing amazingly well so far. Please take time for yourself as well as looking after everyone else.

Tuesday will be hard but I found it really helped, as up until then I was dreading it.

I've not read all the posts/replies as it's upsetting reading what you/others are going through. Have you thought about Tuesday? Is James going with you? My two kids (12 and 10 at the time) did. It was their choice for each separate part. DS fainted in church. Think he was too warm and overwhelmed as they were best buddies. DD was fine.

Please keep posting on here as talking, venting or just sharing really does help. Happy to listen if you want to DM. I even think we're local to each other if you need the support of a stranger x
That's so kind thank you

To be honest I don't think it's sunk in either that or I was so bad at the beginning I've cried so much I can't cry anymore.
I have maybe one little cry a day if I think about him missing my wedding or his laugh, but at first I just sobbed all day long. It worries me actually how OK I am.

Aw gosh that must have been scary for you. James is in school, as are the other grandchildren they are all under 9 including my two new born twin niece and nephew. So glad he got to meet them x

Just wanted to show you all that James is the double of my dad

Edited at 07:43 PM.
louiseybobs is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Awwww! He really is! What a cutie 🥰

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Just wanted to send you love and take one day at a time x
Old 17 Sep 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Please dont worry about being ok xx it’s the ok days that give you hope and helps you get through it ,the little breaks xxx it will come and go
I’ve had a really good positive couple of weeks 🙂 lost my dad in July
Keep going ❤️
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We lost Mam in June & Dad almost 2 years ago (killed by a speeding driver), today has been a bad day with me crying on & off all day - quick exit to the bathroom at work on several occasions.
Take it a day at a time. X

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

I hope you had a "good" goodbye yesterday. And that you and your mum had lots of love from your loved ones.

I remember the day after my mums funeral, I broke down because there was nothing left to focus on. And the reality just hit really hard...

Remember; where there was great love, there is grief.
Please take care
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List