Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Oct 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Dolphin/Swan

We were due to fly tomorrow and just had our Lapland Christmas trip cancelled double We haven’t had a holiday since last October and are really feeling it.

Not sure we are ready to book anything yet and not sure about the insurance issues but have been well treated by BA so might be confident about booking with them.

So looking at 11 nights towards the end of August got these prices for 2A 1C flight and hotel from BA

Dolphin £3852
Swan £3956

My main question is what are these hotels like particularly considering we have a 7 year old. I know there won’t be anything in the way of theming, but what are pools like, transportation, I think they are in a similar area to Yacht Club so are they walkable to Epcot, HS and the Boardwalk in the evenings? Also what are dining facilities like including cost. Oh do they charge parking? And if we drove to parks would we have to pay parking-although we are unlikely to drive if transportation good.

Just by way of comparison WDTC show these prices for their hotels same flights and dates. In a normal year would probably snap up CSR with free dining at that price, but my understanding is the Swan and Dolphin are probably much nicer than Pop and AoA at least but a lot less Disney

Pop £4216
AoA £4296
CSR £4307
CBR £4942
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

For financial reasons I went ten years without a holiday when I was in my 20s/30s. I was fine and really learnt to appreciate my holidays when I was able to start going on them again. I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you are able to go.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We only stayed 2 nights at the Dolphin last year and unfortunately didn’t find time for the pool although it looks lovely. They are both within walking distance of Epcot and DHS and obviously the Boardwalk area too. Most of the dining options are in the Dolphin although you have 3 Disney hotels and 2 theme parks nearby too. We stayed as a holiday within a holiday at Disney with free dining so didn’t really eat at the restaurants however we did have breakfast at Fresh at the Dolphin the year before and it was really nice, if a touch expensive.

Our current plan for next year is either CSR or the Dolphin. At the moment CSR is significantly cheaper due to the free nights but the Dolphin is in a far better location so we’re leaving until the last minute to make a decision.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

The walk to Epcot is 10/15 mins max, HS maybe 15/20. We often walk from BWI or YC to eat at Shula's, BlueZoo or Il Mulino.
Overnight parking is around $24 a night I think.
Yes, guests get free theme park parking too.

They are nice hotels, with great pool areas, sometimes a bit busy with conference guests but an excellent choice location wise over Disney values and moderates.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Read today they are no longer using Disney buses, now going to be Mears.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We've stayed at both. We loved the Swan but would never stay at the Dolphin again. The rooms at the Swan are so much nicer and with it being smaller, has a much more intimate feel.
Both hotels have great restaurants, we love Blue Zoo at the Dolphin and Il Mulino at the Swan. Picabu (Dolphin quick service) is also excellent.
Location of both hotels is also excellent. We'd stay at the Swan again without hesitation.
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List