Notices

Old 24 Oct 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
candy
Trying for More Ears

booked when against FCO advice insurance query

About 3 month ago we booked our Florida trip for June 2021,obviously when we booked there was FCO advice against travel to the USA did i understand it correctly that we are not insured for this trip?
The insurance is with our natwest platinum account that we have had successful claims in the past but it states:

'You are covered for claims related to COVID-19, if there is no FCO advice against travel due to COVID-19 when booking your trip, and at the time of travel'

If i am understanding this correctly this policy is now a waste of time ?
candy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by candy View Post
It reads like it isn't valid but I would phone and check
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Excited about Disney

As I understand it, if you book whilst FOC advice is not to travel, then if for any reason due to covid your holiday is cancelled/disrupted (even after FOC is lifted) then you are not covered. You are still covered for medical reasons though.
If they lift the restriction to travel to US then you should be covered for new bookings.

You may get policies that will cover if you book when FOC is in place, not sure.
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

About 3 month ago we booked our Florida trip for June 2021,obviously when we booked there was FCO advice against travel to the USA did i understand it correctly that we are not insured for this trip?
The insurance is with our natwest platinum account that we have had successful claims in the past but it states:

'You are covered for claims related to COVID-19, if there is no FCO advice against travel due to COVID-19 when booking your trip, and at the time of travel'

We have also booked for Summer 2021 and have Halifax travel insurance, I called them and they said no we are not covered as booked against FCO advise. We need to purchase extra cover.
Old 24 Oct 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
robrar
Imagineer

I think the only way you can know for certain is to speak to your insurer. It might mean that the entire policy is invalid if you travel against FCO advice. Or it might mean that you are unable to claim for cancellation due to Covid or medical claims due to Covid, but other policy schedules remain in force. From what I've seen different insurance companies are doing different things.
robrar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

An issue I highlighted some months ago.

I have not booked.

Foolish to go to the USA without all bases covered.

Disney332

Edited at 12:35 PM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have Aviva insurance through my bank. They told me and itís on the website they wonít cover you for Covid cancellation if you book while advice is not to travel, but provided advice is lifted before you travel everything else is still covereved. I didnít ask but the website suggests they will still cover emergency medical treatment if you travel while advice is against all but essential travel. I assume they might reconsider if that was changed to all travel.

I have now got back money from our planned Christmas holiday so not depending on it at the moment, so am wondering whether itís worth keeping the policy, until we can travel again. Since Iím probably not going to book anything til restrictions are lifted anyway I suspect it isnít
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Will_H
Proud to wear my Ears

I bought travel insurance from staysure,and it doesn't matter when you booked aslong as fco advice is lifted by the time we fly,we are covered .

I got this confirmed multiple times as well as requesting confirmation from a chat I had and documented
Will_H is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
candy
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Will_H View Post
I bought travel insurance from staysure,and it doesn't matter when you booked aslong as fco advice is lifted by the time we fly,we are covered .

I got this confirmed multiple times as well as requesting confirmation from a chat I had and documented
will probably cancel the natwest and go with them thanks
candy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
An issue I highlighted some months ago.

I have not booked.

Foolish to go to the USA without all bases covered.

Disney332
Definitely. My travel insurance went up by 20% to cover US trips even though I wasn't going against advice.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List