Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jun 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Mobile Carriers / sling for toddlers

Hi everyone

When we travel we will have a 2 and a half year old and a 15 month old does anyone have any carrier recommendations for both ages?

We want a carrier for each of them for the airport and to give us the option of not using both pushchairs in the parks.

Thanks
Old 3 Jun 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post

We use solar connectas and prefer to do back carries. I’ve tried a standard connecta, lillebaby and solar connectas. I like the solar because it folds up fairly small and doesn’t get as warm as a more substantial carrier. Imo back carries are a lot more comfortable once they get bigger.

Do you have a local sling library where you could try a few different things?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MurrayBear
Getting Excited

Mobile

Hi, I have carried my kids a lot and used a couple of slings. My favourite is the connecta. They do a standard version and a toddler version. Both essentially the same thing but the toddler version is deeper. Saying that I tried my 2 year old in my standard one a few weeks back and he was fine. He's tall too.

They do a solar version that is designed for warmer climates.

I'd recommend you do research what you are after and try them out as what works for one doesn't always work for another. Search the internet for a sling library near you. They will let you try different carriers and offer advice based in what you need. You can then hire it for a few weeks to see if it suits and if your kids are happy if it isn't something you want to use at home, you could always extend the hire to cover the holiday to save you from buying.

Any questions, let me know and I will try to help
MurrayBear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MurrayBear
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
We use solar connectas and prefer to do back carries. I’ve tried a standard connecta, lillebaby and solar connectas. I like the solar because it folds up fairly small and doesn’t get as warm as a more substantial carrier. Imo back carries are a lot more comfortable once they get bigger.

Do you have a local sling library where you could try a few different things?
Cross posted! Agree with the above.
MurrayBear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsNobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

When my son was 2ish I used one of these as it was easier on my back. I sometimes used a ringsling with it as well that way if he fell asleep I could still be "hands free".
I used it all round the parks it was great for when I was in queues and my son loved it.

hippychick/categorie...ychick-hipseat
MrsNobby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve had a beco, and now a toddler boba, I still carry and dd is nearly 4. But I think I can only do this as I’m so used to carrying her weight now, so it’s worth buying a good quality one now and get used to it. I bought and sold on eBay, there’s some great bargains.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Cariadbach
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Have a look at Integra baby(they’re the new Connecta)Same owner but new company,shes a friend of mine and i always recommend them!
I also loveTulas,always comfy and i carried both of mine until they were 5!
Cariadbach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sazza22
Getting Excited

Mobile

I'd highly recommend The connectas. We took a solar connecta last time for my 6 month old and a toddler connecta that we used for my 4 year old. Both were great but the solar connecta folds up really small, has UV protection and comes in both standard and toddler size. There's a good Facebook group which sells pre-loved connectas which I've bought from in the past. Fairly expensive but they hold their value well and can be sold on again for a reasonable price. X
sazza22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

I loved my Beco Butterfly 2. Used from birth to 3 yrs with DD2. So comfortable on front and back xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MurrayBear
Getting Excited

Mobile

Hi,

Quick question for those that have both a standard connecta and a solar.

We are going to Florida mid September for 2 weeks. My wee man will be 8 months and I intend to take my connecta. I've been thinking about a solar but struggling to justify the cost when I love my current connecta design and the solar would really just be for the holiday.

Are the solars Def worth it? Could we manage at that time of year with a regular connecta? We will have a buggy so will just use the connecta through airport, queues and parades/fireworks or if little man gets unsettled.

I've been keeping an eye out for a secondhand one but they always seem quite expensive.

Thanks!