Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Aug 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Dress code for signature dining

I’m doing the Disney dining plan for the first time this year and have a couple of signature dining meals
California grill, Yachtsman steak house and Le Cellier
The Disney web site is quite vague, I really don’t want to go in over or under dressed and so was wondering if anyone has any experience of the above restaurants and can recall how people were dressed?
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
not sure about the others but we ate in Le Cellier in our normal clothes (shorts, tee and trainers) that was 3 years ago

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

For Cali Grill and The Yachtsman its defiantly more “smart casual” rather than “park casual”. For both places my hubby and kids (both boys 23 & 21) wore dress shorts and a shirt, I wore longer shorts i.e just above the knee and a blouse.

We felt appropriately dressed for the restaurant but comfortable enough to go into the parks afterwards.
Old 11 Aug 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mymemories View Post
For Cali Grill and The Yachtsman its defiantly more “smart casual” rather than “park casual”. For both places my hubby and kids (both boys 23 & 21) wore dress shorts and a shirt, I wore longer shorts i.e just above the knee and a blouse.

We felt appropriately dressed for the restaurant but comfortable enough to go into the parks afterwards.
I agree with this. Signature restaurants in the parks will be more relaxed about dress code but the resort places dress shorts for men, no vests (or tank tops as the Americans call them). As a woman I would wear cropped trousers and a smarter t-shirt or blouse.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I always drop a restaurant an email to check the dress code, nothing worse than turning up & not getting in
When we went to Venice wanted to go to the Gritti Palace for cocktails as it had amazing views over the Grand Canal, they replied straight away
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MissRed
Excited about Disney

Any in Park restaurant allows normal theme park wear.
Hotels are a bit more fussy. No athletic wear or cargo shorts.
Semi-smart is probably your best bet.
YC '08
AKL '18
MissRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post

When we went to Tiffins in AK we wore what we were wearing to the park. When we go to a resort signature we go smartly, I would be in a dress and nice sandals (not park sandals) and DH in chinos, short sleeved shirt and boat shoes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

I think it's nice to dress up a bit for the signatures but honestly I've seen all sorts of dress in the sigs I've been to.

Really, the only place to firmly enforce a dress code is Victoria and Alberts.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Apart from V&A they will take anything, last time we were in CG there were plenty of families in TP dress & tbh we will be doing the same after being in MK all day
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Le Cellier is park clothes. Yachtsman and Cali Grill dinner are smart casual - I wear capris and a nicer top, or a summer dress; DH wears a short sleeve shirt or nice polo and linen or chino type trousers. Cali Grill brunch is less dressy but we still wouldn't go in park clothes.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List