Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Sep 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Very Serious Dibber

Ladies is it normal..? Perimenopause Q

Is it normal to have spotting between periods at the start of or during perimenopause?

It occasionally happens straight after my period or mid cycle and my Dr said itís likely due to my age (43).

Just to add, my last smear was normal so Iím not too concerned but spotting doesnít seem to come up as one of the Ďmainí symptoms of perimenopause.

Edited at 02:51 PM.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
VIP Dibber

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Yes, I had a period for 3 weeks, then nothing for ages and then less and less frequent. Spotting was a fairly common thing until they fully stopped.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

I have spotting for a bit. Then about 2 days later a period. No set rhythm to them though
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

It can be a part of the peri menopause, and I guess given that youíve spoken to your gp about it that you are up to date with your smear tests? It is usually associated with the more random fluctuations of hormones related to menopause.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I've been spotting after my period until around mid cycle then it stops. I've also had some irregular periods, some up to over 50 days in between, once I only went 18 days between I'm 53 & its all getting on my wick now.
Old 13 Sep 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Mobile

Everything abnormal is normal with the poxy menopause!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you ladies. Unexpected bleeding would usually be a cause for concern. These changes are new to me so itís nice to be reassured that itís quite normal.

What we have to suffer hey!
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Iím sure Iím going through the perimenopause! About 3/4 years ago my periods became unbelievably painful and heavy, so much so I had to go back on the pill! Now even though Iím on the pill I still get spotting and random periods in between. I also get really achy joints, hot flashes and mood swings. Itís hard to know if itís the start of menopause (I am technically still quite young at 40) or if itís side effects of the pill? Is there anyway of actually testing for it?
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lulu Belle View Post
Thank you ladies. Unexpected bleeding would usually be a cause for concern. These changes are new to me so itís nice to be reassured that itís quite normal.

What we have to suffer hey!

Bleeding is never normal! Please get it checked out before you put it down to something which may well be normal but that you are still quite young for.
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List