Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Nov 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisamac
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile BA to Tampa what is a good price?

We have always gone to MCO before this year but we tried out indirect to Tampa in August and it was great no problems at all (and the bonus was we managed to keep all 4 children - didn't lose any at any point &#128077
The downside was we got our flights for under £2000 - 2 adults, 2 teens, 2 children £1994 LHR-ATL-TPA and again in reverse. When i say downside i mean because that is what we are now basing our "budget" on but of course with all that has happened with Thomas Cook prices are no where near that - in fact they have been doubled or more for indirect, and i can go direct to Tampa for £4200 for us all. So my question - is £4200 6/8-20/8, to Tampa reasonable? (We are going in Feb half term and got a fly drive for £2200 so have this in out minds too 🤦)
Thanks
Old 3 Nov 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

When we booked at the start of Sept for next August there were cheaper BA flights into Tampa. One of the days I looked at it was less than £300 each way with luggage per person direct from London. But that was before the TC issue. I think there are lots of people on here holding out for flights next August and are worried about the prices they are being quoted at the minute. Some will say that price is too high but if it's within your budget and you are happy then it doesn't matter what others think. Book what you are happy with.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Would you consider Miami?

I got return flights from London to Miami for just over £400 each in school holidays going indirect via Philadelphia outbound and direct inbound.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I can only comment on Feb for tampa and we paid £350 each, 1 a 2c for 13 nights including 7 seat premium suv, that’s direct from Gatwick.

Web have never been in summer holidays but have been for most Christmas holidays for 10 years and I imagine price wise it’s about the same.

Maybe we have been lucky but I have never paid more than £500 per person and never would, £500 is my bar for December and won’t go if not available, if I was traveling August I would say the same.

We have always managed December, check Miami and Fort Lauderdale also.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We’ve booked Gatwick to tampa next August - 2 adults and 2children fly drive with group w suv 16 nights - £2300, including luggage not seats
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

We normally fly Shannon MCO as Tampa is usually much more expensive. 2020 16th of July to 6th of August Snn JFK Tpa was way CHEAPER I have no idea why. 3 adults return on Delta for €585 euros , its not the cheapest we ever got, Last year we got Cork Man MCO for €478 but that was exceptional.
Prices out of Shannon Cork other than the ones we booked are absolutely crazy
discostu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

I booked day before Thomas Cook went into administration. 24th Aug LGW -TAMPA return MCO -LGW 10th Sept . £272 per Adult no Luggage 🧳 , going to get a Greyhound coach from Tampa to Orlando £10 each only doing hand luggage out buying a cheap case for return if we do much shopping there is only 2 of us.
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
abfatboy
Trying for More Ears

Hi, we booked a few weeks back, LGW to Tampa 20th Aug return 10th/11th Sept, 3 adults 1 child, inc luggage 1601 - maybe if we were more patient we could have found cheaper over the coming months but it seems like a good price to me (1978 is todays price for the same)

The final part of our holiday is on the Gulf Coast, Anna Maria Island so only an hour to the airport on the return trip.
abfatboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisamac
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We booked and the price wasn't great but it was better than it had been and better than we had pre 2019 (i can only dream of 2 ad 4 ch for under £2k again) 😭
We finally booked LGW to TPA 6-20 August 2 ad 4 ch (2 teens 2 ch) plus a 7 seat SUV for £4595 - it wasn't great but we have paid £6k for the same before so to us its not as bad as it could have been 🤦 so from now until next August i will continue to look (with one eye open) at prices congratulating myself when prices are higher and beating my husband when they are lower 😁 (i love him him dearly and would, of course, not do this)
Thank you for all of your help, suggestions and experiences 😁