Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Jun 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Update 9/8/20Has anyone rang Disney regarding resort closure during the time of their upcoming trip?

If so; please share what happened.

Thanks. 😀

Edited at 05:46 PM.
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
VivienCampbell
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I called today, took me 1 and a half hours to get through to be told someone from upper management will be in touch soon 😂
VivienCampbell is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
Originally Posted by VivienCampbell View Post
I called today, took me 1 and a half hours to get through to be told someone from upper management will be in touch soon 😂
I like how it’s ‘upper’managenent and not your common management 😂
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I called on Tuesday and they had no information regarding international guests being moved I'm guessing Disney wants to wait until the decision cut off date tomorrow so then they know how many confirmed bookings they have and can start moving people around.

I'm going to try and call again Sunday or Monday to see if theres an update! I'm due to be staying at POR in September and seen most people at this resort have either been moved to Garden Wing at Contemporary or CBR. I'm really sneakily hoping for an upgrade but it probably won't happen!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
We are booked at all stars.
I rang today and cm wouldn’t even confirm resort will be closed🙃

Clearly, no further forward!
Old 29 Jun 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Please let me know if anyone hears anything different on this, im not sure if i should be ringing or not at this point for my Sept 2021 wilderness lodge booking
Old 29 Jun 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
fimcm
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We are due at akl Jambo this year , it’s closed and not even due to open next year apart from the dvc part. A lot of US of guest have been to move , CR , BWI , POLY. We contact our ta who said they are waiting for Disney to update them. The only worry we have is that they will move us to a dvc room, which will have a bed and a sleeper bed and we need to full bed due to medical reason as the sleeper are ok for one night but not 16 nights
fimcm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I called again today and got confirmation that my resort (POR) won't be opening this year, he reassured me that I would have somewhere to stay and that I would either be upgraded or at another moderate. He offered me a refund of everything I had paid so far including the deposit because of the change but due to me not knowing whats happening with my flights I had to decline (he really wanted me to cancel though).

He said they were waiting on Disney to pass along what they had left to them since they are dealing with all the US allocations currently and once they have done that then us in the UK would start receiving calls from Disney with our option. He said you would receive a call and they would need to know then and there.

My understanding is that, from what I've seen and read, most resorts will be open in 2021, but for the time being with parks being at capacity it is not cost efficient to be running an entire resort with only a handful of people staying in it so they are opening all DVC's (they have to due to time share rules) and then 1/2 from each other tier of accommodation. I think if you have stays from now until early next year then I would be expecting to be moved but if you're going from summer 2021 onwards then I would expect your resort would be open. CM's are adamant that the parks will be at full capacity again next year so can't see them not having all resorts open.

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
I called again today and got confirmation that my resort (POR) won't be opening this year, he reassured me that I would have somewhere to stay and that I would either be upgraded or at another moderate. He offered me a refund of everything I had paid so far including the deposit because of the change but due to me not knowing whats happening with my flights I had to decline (he really wanted me to cancel though).

He said they were waiting on Disney to pass along what they had left to them since they are dealing with all the US allocations currently and once they have done that then us in the UK would start receiving calls from Disney with our option. He said you would receive a call and they would need to know then and there.

My understanding is that, from what I've seen and read, most resorts will be open in 2021, but for the time being with parks being at capacity it is not cost efficient to be running an entire resort with only a handful of people staying in it so they are opening all DVC's (they have to due to time share rules) and then 1/2 from each other tier of accommodation. I think if you have stays from now until early next year then I would be expecting to be moved but if you're going from summer 2021 onwards then I would expect your resort would be open. CM's are adamant that the parks will be at full capacity again next year so can't see them not having all resorts open.
At least you got confirmation your resort will be closed; even if you don’t know where you’ll be relocated.
The cm I spoke to was very cagey!
Old 29 Jun 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the update, i do think summer onwards 2021 will be fine however i hate uncertainty. So i would rather be moved and know where i was staying