Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
#1
Princess Ariel
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Princess Ariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 17
Mobile Anyone still hopeful for this year?

We have a planned trip at the beginning of December. Up until a couple of weeks ago I was optimistic it would go ahead, however now Iím having doubts.

My balance is due in September and if the situation in the US is the same as it is now I wonít be paying it. Iíve already got £2100 tied up that Iíd have to claim back which was carried over from our cancelled May trip.

Is anyone else still planning/optimistic that their trip this year will go ahead?
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
#2
nadya
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Aug 06

nadya's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Was booked for August but flights cancelled twice so gave up and moved to December-fingers crossed!.Only have small BA flydrive deposit invested which can be moved easily or refunded so we continue to hope for now!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
#3
meegraine
Excited about Disney
 
meegraine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 19
Location: London

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I'm still due to go in September 2020, a small part of me knows this virus can change so quickly and that we could end up going but with Florida only just properly getting into their 1st peak I think its highly unlikely at this point. I think anyone going from December onwards has a higher chance of going. I mean we hit our peak properly in March and then came out of it in May so thats 2 months, fingers crossed by the end of August/start of September they start to come out of their peak and things will get back to normal from there.

We've re-booked to go next year but we may cancel that and go somewhere else completely!
__________________
2015: Disneyland Paris (SL) / 2016: Disneyland CA / 2017: Disneyland Paris (HNY) / 2018: Disneyland CA & Walt Disney World (DBC) / 2019: Walt Disney World (POR) & Disneyland Paris (SL) / 2020: Walt Disney World (POR) - COVID Cancelled

Next Trip: Caribbean Beach Resort - July 2021
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
#4
Guest
Guest
 
Mobile

I'm hopeful, it's still quite a while away. We fly on December 8th,its all paid for as we transferred our lost May one for December which was already booked. VH still haven't refunded the difference as the December one is cheaper. I'm reluctant to change till early 2021 in case that didn't happen either,we lost one with Thomas Cook too, if we were to lose another then I think we'll be done with long haul. All we can do is hope for things to improve 🤞🎄
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
#5
Lorbs
Helping Minnie
 
Join Date: Oct 07
Still hopeful forNovember but getting less so everyday
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
#6
Gryff
Imagineer

 
Gryff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 14
Due to fly November 2 still hopeful but DH is due to golf in Spain October plan was heíd be home 5 days then fly to Florida but if the 14
Day quarantine is still in place in Scotland from Spain that will
Need to be rethought
Iím firmly in the what will be will be camp now just keeping the to go bag at the ready
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
natanddaz
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Feb 17
Mobile

We are due to go feb 2021 and have been having a few wobbles however im not giving up yet and am holding on to hope. I to think florida is at its peak now and am hopeful that by sptember things will be looking much better out there.
Keeping everything crossed that december will be ok for you. 🤞
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
#8
Princess Ariel
Thread Starter
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Princess Ariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 17
Mobile

Thanks everyone, I think itís the fact my balances are due in September thatís making me wobbly... if I pay the balance and we end up not going we then donít go anywhere because of the timescales of refunds! (Hope that makes sense!) Weíve already had two holidays cancelled (1 because of TC and 1 because of covid).
Hopefully the situation in the US will have improved by September and I can make an informed decision about whether to pay the balance then.
I have been looking at alternatives just in case.
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
#9
wanye
Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 10
Location: notts

wanye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
was going in october, but tui cancelled it last week. right now, we're holding off rebooking until florida sorts itself out, all these anti-maskers and covidiots are just too much of a risk...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
#10
WeHeartOrlando
VIP Dibber
 
WeHeartOrlando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 09
Mobile

Also due to go September and until fairly recently I still had some confidence/hope? that things could change so quickly that we might still get to go. Now though with the upsurge in cases and the state of emergency extension I just donít see the borders opening any time soon. To be honest Iíve always thought it unlikely theyíd open before the election but I was hopeful that I might be wrong and some political sway would come into it and change things. Now I just feel itís not safe from either end to allow US flights.

At the moment Iíve asked for extensions for all my balances so theyíre now due early to mid August. This gives me more time to wait on BA cancelling my fly drive, or for some major positive change which allows the holiday to go ahead 😂

New plan is possibly flying into the Netherlands doing Eftling then driving to Germany doing phantasialand and europa park, then onto Paris for DLP then fly home from there. Would be staying at caravan parks most likely. Gives us our theme park and Disney fix for a fraction of the cost 😉 obviously is dependent on the rules for crossing multiple borders and keeping everyone safe.
Failing that we might just stay home and try and get away nearer Christmas. Not sure we can move FL to next year due to exams and eldest and her BF (who was due to come with us) starting uni.
__________________
Offsite June 98 June 06 July 08 Sep 10 May 19
Allstar Movies Nov 16
CBR Sep 2018
Cabana Bay Sep 2019
DLP Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disney Park Tickets
On 20th November 4:14pm
Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World Resort on Jan. 1, 2021As the phased reopening of Walt... Read More »
Posted in epcot
On 20th November 11:29am
As part of the D23 Fantastic Worlds Celebration, Disney shared details about the historic transformation... Read More »
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 27th October 3:18pm
Walt Disney World has announced that their entrance gateways to Walt Disney World are about... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
CaxtonFX  $1.3029
Covent Garden FX  $1.3243
FAIRFX  $1.3035
John Lewis  $1.3153
M&S  $1.2896
Post Office  $1.2898
Sainsburys  $1.3077
TESCO  $1.3088
Travelex  $1.3042
Updated: 15:30 01/12/2020
Euro Rates
CaxtonFX  €1.0838
Covent Garden FX  €1.1029
FAIRFX  €1.0955
John Lewis  €1.0989
M&S  €1.0785
Post Office  €1.0775
Sainsburys  €1.0929
TESCO  €1.0935
Travelex  €1.0900
Updated: 15:30 01/12/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now